CraftBanter

-   -   Taking a Break From Quilting (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140146)

[email protected] October 2nd 17 04:29 PM

Taking a Break From Quilting

Hello All,
I am taking a break from quilting as I just finished a 3 1/2 inch squares sewn in rows quilt top. Think I had thirty rows of these and these are really colorful quilts because of all the pretty fabrics left over from making other quilts. Got rid of a lot of fabric this way. I took one of the print fabrics and cut out my binding. There is no inner or outer border.
So far I have made a sweater by using a new sweatshirt, cutting it down the front and then sewing a contrasting trim on each side to cover the raw edges. It looks nice I may make another one of these in a different color..
I have been sewing seams that have come undone also patching work on cloths. Yesterday I cut out two night gowns in pretty cotton colors for next summer, one is short(below knees) and the other is long(almost to the ankles}. I like cotton because it is cooler in the summer.
Since it is cold and rainy here I made meat/veggie soup and also a ground turkey and broccoli casserole with a cheese topping. I got the recipe from Taste of Home web site.
Sandy$