CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone working on anything? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=111640)

Olwyn.Mary November 7th 10 12:41 AM

Anyone working on anything?

I am mostly busy sewing, making some fall and winter clothes, but the
asthma has subsided enough that I now feel I can knit while watching the
tv news. Nothing complicated, mind you, just something to keep the
fingers busy. So, I pulled out an old pattern - from the 1960s I think,
I bought it at a yard sale - for knitted slippers in two colors. Found
some leftover yarn, made a swatch, and, if all goes well, some people
will be getting knitted slippers for Christmas.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

King's Crown[_3_] November 7th 10 02:23 AM

Anyone working on anything?

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
I am mostly busy sewing, making some fall and winter clothes, but the
asthma has subsided enough that I now feel I can knit while watching the tv
news. Nothing complicated, mind you, just something to keep the fingers
busy. So, I pulled out an old pattern - from the 1960s I think, I bought
it at a yard sale - for knitted slippers in two colors. Found some
leftover yarn, made a swatch, and, if all goes well, some people will be
getting knitted slippers for Christmas.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I made a mitten on my knitting machine. I made the smallest size just to
try it out. It's so cute. Got to thinking I should make a couple in wool
and felt them. They'd be cute ornaments.

Lynne

mirjam November 7th 10 05:40 AM

Anyone working on anything?

The Changing weather patterns, made me realize that a front open light
sweater would be very practical , thus i am knitting myself one [ in
Eggplant color].
mirjam

Mary November 7th 10 02:36 PM

Anyone working on anything?

I'm working on a pair of socks with 100% undyed alpaca! (I hadn't
made traditional socks for a VERY long time, so I made a baby sock
first as a sample.) When I make socks, I do both at once, alternating
between them section at a time, so they are finished at the same
time. This pair is at the stage of knitting the foot length, en route
to the toe shaping. I may or may not make more socks, but I have
plenty of yarns for socks, and double sets of needles in most of the
wee little sizes. This small knitting binge is a break in piecing a
quilt (72 bits of fabric in each 12" block, and 81 blocks for the
quilt, all 100% hand work).

Kirsten Watson November 7th 10 05:02 PM

Anyone working on anything?

In article ,
Olwyn.Mary wrote:
I am mostly busy sewing, making some fall and winter clothes, but the
asthma has subsided enough that I now feel I can knit while watching the
tv news. Nothing complicated, mind you, just something to keep the
fingers busy. So, I pulled out an old pattern - from the 1960s I think,
I bought it at a yard sale - for knitted slippers in two colors. Found
some leftover yarn, made a swatch, and, if all goes well, some people
will be getting knitted slippers for Christmas.

Ooh, that sounds lovely.

I'm currently knitting socks for myself, and trying to find a nice
scarf pattern for my father-in-law's girlfriend. You see, several years
ago I made everyone scarves for Christmas, but that was before my
mother-in-law died, so Eileen didn't get one. I know she'd appreciate
one - she crochets and sews, and can knit but doesn't much, so I really
want to find the right pattern. I have some cotton chenille that would
be perfect, I was thinking maybe a cable pattern. I need to get started
soon, though, or it will never be done in time.

Kirsten

[email protected] November 8th 10 03:10 AM

Anyone working on anything?

Hi. I'm Laura. I'm new to the group but I thought I would chime in.
I'm working on two baby blanket I plan to sell on Etsy and an afghan
for a friend. I have other projects on hold till these others are
finished.

Olwyn.Mary November 8th 10 04:13 AM

Anyone working on anything?

On 11/7/2010 9:10 PM, wrote:
Hi. I'm Laura. I'm new to the group but I thought I would chime in.
I'm working on two baby blanket I plan to sell on Etsy and an afghan
for a friend. I have other projects on hold till these others are
finished.

Welcome to the group. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cuppa (the pot
is on that table over there) and join in.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Linda D. November 8th 10 04:46 PM

Anyone working on anything?

I just finished the Kimono Shawl designed by Cheryl Oberle. If you
are on Ravelry you can take a peek here. I'm now knitting the same
pattern as a scarf, but using 10 horizontal repeats to make it
narrower.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Linda56/kimono-shawl

I've knit two slouchy berets from this pattern...one in steel blue and
one in royal purple. If you want lots of slouch knit 2 extra pattern
repeats.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baroness-beret

and last week I finished an ear flap hat for my son, and I have some
socks, an Infinite Scarf, and some socks on the needles.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

King's Crown[_3_] November 8th 10 04:54 PM

Anyone working on anything?

"mirjam" wrote in message

The Changing weather patterns, made me realize that a front open light
sweater would be very practical , thus i am knitting myself one [ in
Eggplant color].
mirjam

That sounds lovely!

Lynne

Kirsten Watson November 8th 10 08:05 PM

Anyone working on anything?

In article ,
Linda D. wrote:
I just finished the Kimono Shawl designed by Cheryl Oberle. If you
are on Ravelry you can take a peek here. I'm now knitting the same
pattern as a scarf, but using 10 horizontal repeats to make it
narrower.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Linda56/kimono-shawl

That's beautiful, I like the beret too. The colours you;'re using
sound wonderful.

Kirsten