CraftBanter

CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/index.php)
-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Too funny! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140171)

Joan Erickson November 3rd 17 02:39 PM

Too funny!
 
Had to share this with people "in the know"!

On Craig's list there was a post for embroidery thread for sale (this
was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
saying I don't need more stitching stuff!). Anyway, it was a good deal:
$20 for 120 skeins of floss (some used). I went to pick it up last
night and had to snicker. On the box someone had written, "needle point
string". LOL!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown

Nancy Spera November 4th 17 01:04 PM

Too funny!
 
On 11/3/2017 10:39 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
Had to share this with people "in the know"!

On Craig's list there was a post for embroidery thread for sale (this
was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
saying I don't need more stitching stuff!). Anyway, it was a good deal:
$20 for 120 skeins of floss (some used). I went to pick it up last
night and had to snicker. On the box someone had written, "needle point
string". LOL!

LOL Indeed!

Nancy

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com


[email protected] November 4th 17 01:55 PM

Too funny!
 
On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:39:21 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Had to share this with people "in the know"!

On Craig's list there was a post for embroidery thread for sale (this
was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
saying I don't need more stitching stuff!). Anyway, it was a good deal:
$20 for 120 skeins of floss (some used). I went to pick it up last
night and had to snicker. On the box someone had written, "needle point
string". LOL!


I hope you took DHs temperature to check that he is okay ? Not ailing
in some way.

Violet Stitches November 5th 17 06:01 PM

Too funny!
 

was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
On the box someone had written, "needle point
string". LOL!



My hubby also calls my stitching "needlepoint," and my floss "twine." I have tried to correct him on his terminology to no avail. Awhile back he told someone that I "sew", which they took to mean that I taylored clothing. I laughed and said, "babe, I'm a Fiber Artist!" He gave me this blank stare and said, "what's that?" LOL

Wow, people REALLY don't get this hobby, do they?

Congrats on the floss! I hope when I'm dead and gone (or just can't stitch anymore), some other Fiber Artist will acquire and appreciate my leftover stash.

Joan Erickson November 6th 17 03:35 PM

Too funny!
 
On 11/4/2017 8:55 AM, wrote:

I hope you took DHs temperature to check that he is okay ? Not ailing
in some way.


Yeah, I should have! The thought did run quickly through my head of
"are you okay?" LOL!


--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown

Joan Erickson November 6th 17 03:40 PM

Too funny!
 
On 11/5/2017 12:01 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

My hubby also calls my stitching "needlepoint," and my floss "twine." I have tried to correct him on his terminology to no avail. Awhile back he told someone that I "sew", which they took to mean that I taylored clothing. I laughed and said, "babe, I'm a Fiber Artist!" He gave me this blank stare and said, "what's that?" LOL

LOL! I hope you enlightened him! DH usually gets the terminology
correct, if he cares to. Sometimes he says it wrong just to bug me.

Wow, people REALLY don't get this hobby, do they?

No, I don't think they do.

Congrats on the floss! I hope when I'm dead and gone (or just can't stitch anymore), some other Fiber Artist will acquire and appreciate my leftover stash.

Yeah, me, too. Although DD will probably take it...if and when she has
time to stitch, being more into her horse than anything else. But at
least she does do some stitching and knows the effort that goes into it,
so I don't think my stash will go to waste.


--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CraftBanter.com