CraftBanter

-   -   News Print (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=122869)

GrammyKathy[_3_] July 9th 11 10:42 PM

News Print

Does anyone know where I can order newsprint for paper piecing. I
ordered some once and now I can't find the place on line.

NightMist July 10th 11 12:23 AM

News Print

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 14:42:52 -0700, GrammyKathy wrote:

Does anyone know where I can order newsprint for paper piecing. I
ordered some once and now I can't find the place on line.

First, check the nearest newspaper.
Many of them sell the ends of rolls (butt ends) that are too short to
bother with in the press, but have tons of paper on them so far as the
average person is concerned. They usually sell them very cheaply too.

If you have no joy there, Dick Blick is usually a good option for
assorted papers.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/pacon-newsprint-roll/

The above link is the best buy, but there are several other newsprint
options.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

bvolman July 10th 11 04:40 PM

News Print

You can also go to Office Depot or a similar place. They sell flip chart
pads, which is what I buy. I cut each sheet into 8 letter sized pages. I
find this much easier than ordering online. It is probably cheaper too since
you don't have to pay for mailing.

Betty Evans July 16th 11 12:37 AM

News Print

Or go to your local newspaper office. They sell, or give away, end rolls.
Cut them the same as you would the flip charts.

Betty in WI