CraftBanter

-   -   Buckeye Bev (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29782)

DeB Shaw January 29th 04 04:11 AM

Buckeye Bev

THANX!!!
:^)
My scanner died awhile ago, and I'd saved your scanner turned lightbox post
from last year. I'll have a lightbox soon too!!! Hur-rahhhhhh!!! No more
taping things onto the windows!!!

DeB Shaw
Queen of the *Northern Lights*

Rustqlts2 January 29th 04 04:16 AM

scanner died awhile ago, and I'd saved your scanner turned lightbox post

Hi Deb -- I didn't save that post about the scanner/lightbox. Will you please
email me a copy ... thanks a bunch!
rusty

DeB Shaw January 29th 04 04:38 AM

"Rustqlts2" wrote in message:
scanner died awhile ago, and I'd saved your scanner turned lightbox post

Hi Deb -- I didn't save that post about the scanner/lightbox. Will you
please
email me a copy ... thanks a bunch!
rusty

********

Here ya' go rusty ... Feb/03 post, shown below:

From: WoodenSpools
Subject: scanner transformation
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Date: 2003-02-06 20:32:19 PST

My trusty HP scanner died; I promptly went out and bought another. The old
scanner was ready to go out with the garbage, but DH kept looking at it,
thinking. And he asked me if I still wanted to have a *lightbox*. !!!
He gutted the inside, drilled some holes and put in two lamp sockets with
light bulbs. Ta-dah! A very nice glass-topped lightbox.
NO. He's not available for rent. :-)

Buckeye Bev
http://community.webshots.com/user/buckeyebev

Roberta Zollner January 29th 04 11:18 AM

If you have one of those acrylic SM extensions, you can put a light stick
underneath, works great.
Roberta in D

"DeB Shaw" wrote in message
THANX!!!
:^)

DeB Shaw January 29th 04 02:46 PM

That's a neat tip too, Roberta.
:^)

My extension's not see-thru, but what a neat idea!!!

WoodenSpools January 30th 04 06:48 AM

Well I'm tickled pink for you! I've used mine a number of times......
It pleases me to know that somebody actually *used* one of my ideas! :-)
Buckeye Bev

"DeB Shaw" wrote in message
THANX!!!
:^)

Bonnie Patterson January 30th 04 12:44 PM

Now why didn't I think of that?

BUT, I still have dead scanner, can't throw "things" away, SO has been
asking me if it was OK to scrap the dead scanner. Now I have a use for
it.

Thank you,
Bonnie, still frozen in Middletown, VA

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:48:06 -0800, "WoodenSpools"
wrote:

Well I'm tickled pink for you! I've used mine a number of times......
It pleases me to know that somebody actually *used* one of my ideas! :-)
Buckeye Bev

"DeB Shaw" wrote in message
THANX!!!
:^)