CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Eternity Ring (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12374)

Shu July 29th 03 03:55 PM

Eternity Ring

Hello, wonder if anyone can give advice?. I have a full silver
eternity ring which has baguette stones all the way round (paste, I
think) which I purchased 2nd hand some years ago. When I bought it,
the lady selling told me it had been hers, and she had had it made
smaller to fit her. It has been very well done, with an extra band of
silver being put in at the top and bottom (inside)of the ring (not
sure how they are fixed in place. It's hard to describe, but hope you
understand!. My question is, how easy do you think it would be to
remove these?. (I have tried myself, rather stupidly, but they
wouldn't budge!). Do you think it would be terribly expensive to have
them removed by a professional jeweller (bearing in mind the relative
inexpensiveness of the ring)?. Thank you.