CraftBanter

-   -   All those 2 1/2 inch Squares (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140114)

[email protected] July 31st 17 04:13 PM

All those 2 1/2 inch Squares

Well I did finish "Home on the Range" quilt top and it came out great. I did have a little trouble with the flying geese.
I got out my box of 2 1/2 inch squares because I wanted to make 9 patch's for a quilt. I did make 21 of these 9 patches, using 2 colors, one was a contrast color. Now after the fact I should of made 9 patches without the contrasts. You talk about time consuming and yes I took apart some of those 4 patches and made them into 9 Patches after going through my loose 2 1/2 inch sqs to find the 9th. I am a pro with my seam ripper. In the bottom half of my box discovered there were also 4 patch(2 1/2"), 3 inch(4 patches)so now I am going into my left over material from quilts to cut and make more 9 patches and while looking around yesterday discovered a quilt pattern named Milky Way that uses 4 patches for the border on all four sides, so that will use up a lot of my 4 patches. Still got a lot of blocks to cut and sew. May have to take a break and make another quilt top.

Sandy$

Bobbie Sews More July 31st 17 10:21 PM

All those 2 1/2 inch Squares

Good luck with all your quilt tops!