CraftBanter

-   -   Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140029)

[email protected] March 7th 17 05:21 PM

Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt

This block is interesting because it blends well with American Indian Design. I enlarged the block to make a 12 inch block. I brought enough material from Holly Lobby for the centers(5 inch sq.) of Indian bowls material, the rest of bowl material will be the outer border/binding. Am using turquoise for the 1 1/4 inch strips that goes around the 5 inch center section.. The two plain squares are 3 1/2 inch squares of very, very light tan goes in opposite corners. That just leaves half squares using 1 tan and 1 dark green 4 7/8 inch squares with penciled center line(corner to corner)with 1/4 inch sewn on each side of line, then cut in half on the pencil line. This makes two half squares, so you need 5 sets of these.
Go to http://www.McCallsquilting.com/rocky...n.puzzle.block
You will have to type the rocky mountain puzzle block in as my computer will not pick it up. Sure Brian will help me here.
Hope you try this block.
Sandy$

Bobbie Sews More March 7th 17 07:20 PM

wrote in message

[...]

Sandy I like the way you always describe the quilts you are making!
Thanks, Barbara in FL

[email protected] March 7th 17 09:13 PM

Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt

Correction Correction Correction
I would like to make a correction to the half squares. So Sorry about this.
Where it says 4 and 7/8 inches, the correct measurements is 3 7/8 inches on all the half squares.
Sandy$

[email protected] March 7th 17 09:16 PM

Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt

Hello Bobby Sews More,
Thank you for your thoughts on my quilts. I was beginning to wonder where everyone has gone.
Sandy$

Brian Christiansen March 9th 17 08:02 PM

On 03/07/2017 09:21 AM, wrote:
[...]

Is this it:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte...html?idx=13927

It kinda looks like what you are describing.

--
My Yonkoma: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0...57680223526176

The E-mail associated with the account is a "spamcatcher" account that I
got to every couple of months to empty out, and anything sent to it will
not be seen for probably several months, if it is seen at all.
Brian Christiansen

[email protected] March 14th 17 04:53 PM

Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt

Hello Brian,
Yes, this is the right quilt and I am making it American Indian in style and also enlarged it to 12 inch blocks. You will need to use sashing because of all the half squares. Thank you for you expert help.
Sandy$