CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gold Vermeil Posts (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87028)

Marilee J. Layman September 7th 07 09:00 AM

Gold Vermeil Posts

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:25:58 -0700, sheesha
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find gold vermeil earring posts? And not
just ball posts, but fancy posts. It seems impossible to find. Can
anyone help me?

If you're not going to use gold, maybe you'd rather have gold-filled,
which will last much longer than vermeil.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com

Sarit Wolfus September 9th 07 08:13 AM

Gold Vermeil Posts

I agree with Marilee. Gold filled seems to have a prosperity these
days and supply stores are adding new gold filled findings daily. I've
seen all kinds of gold filled posts, including fancy posts.
I still try to avoid it because I found gold filled not easy to
market...
Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Marilee J. Layman September 10th 07 07:15 AM

Gold Vermeil Posts

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 00:13:47 -0700, Sarit Wolfus
wrote:

I agree with Marilee. Gold filled seems to have a prosperity these
days and supply stores are adding new gold filled findings daily. I've
seen all kinds of gold filled posts, including fancy posts.
I still try to avoid it because I found gold filled not easy to
market...

IME, if you explain the difference between gold-plated and
gold-filled, people buy.

Vermeil is just gold plated over silver and if you want silver in a
few years, you should start with it.