CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Good morning Monday ,,,moebious shawls or any other item (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81091)

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen February 19th 07 05:45 AM

Good morning Monday ,,,moebious shawls or any other item

I am delighted people enjoy making the moebiouses , and would like all
to remember that it was Elizabeth Zimmermann who first converted this
idea into knitting, But she used the idea of making a straight shawl
and than sew it with an unvisible seam. it was my humble idea to
crochet it from the middle out , and Ria taught me to knit it from the
middle out. Ever since than i made quite some moebiouses , both
crocheted and knitted. i stopped counting. Most people for whom i made
it still enjoy wearing it.
Now adays you see mant knitters and cricheters who `converted` /used
Mathematical ideas into knitted items.
When one sees wonderful forms of Shawls , hats , or for that matter
all the various idea of one piece /no seam garments , obne can ONLY
have the OUTMOST respect for every person who puts time , care and
love into making any item with this generations old technique with all
those contemporary idea.
May we all have many years of creative making for ourselves and for
every other person who wants and can enjoy it.
mirjam

YarnWright February 19th 07 07:30 PM

Good morning Monday ,,,moebious shawls or any other item

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Perfectly articulated, my dear friend!
Hugs,
Noreen