CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Suggestions needed (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83519)

spampot[_2_] May 8th 07 02:25 AM

Suggestions needed

Knowing how many UFOs -- well, to be honest, UnStarted Projects (USPs) I
have at home, I was VERy virtuous at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
yesterday; only succumbed to a few super-bargains (then I spent $$ on
unusual garden plants at the herb-&-plant tent). So what would be a
good project to use up four 275-yd hanks of fingering wool, in a dark
heathery gray w/a splash of purple?

Vintage Purls May 8th 07 02:42 AM

Suggestions needed

So what would be a
good project to use up four 275-yd hanks of fingering wool, in a dark
heathery gray w/a splash of purple?

Do you have enough for:
Gloves (http://vintagepurls.net.nz/2007/02/16/glove-pattern/)
Small, lacey scarf (http://vintagepurls.net.nz/2007/04/21/lies-damn-
lies/)
Something for a child - little mittens/gloves/hat.

A little black or purple contrast might go nicely for a slightly
larger project.

VP

Richard Eney May 10th 07 09:33 AM

Suggestions needed

In article ,
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:
Knowing how many UFOs -- well, to be honest, UnStarted Projects (USPs) I
have at home, I was VERy virtuous at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
yesterday; only succumbed to a few super-bargains (then I spent $$ on
unusual garden plants at the herb-&-plant tent). So what would be a
good project to use up four 275-yd hanks of fingering wool, in a dark
heathery gray w/a splash of purple?

4 x 275 = 1100 yards. That's enough for a shawl, or a lacy vest or
small shrug.

=Tamar

Vintage Purls May 10th 07 10:06 AM

Suggestions needed

On May 10, 8:33 pm, (Richard Eney) wrote:
4 x 275 = 1100 yards. That's enough for a shawl, or a lacy vest or
small shrug.

I've only just realised that spampot had four skeins! Makes my piddly
suggestions seem silly - I was working on the yardage for just one
skein. That'll teach me to read more carefully. I think a shawl would
be lovely.

VP

spampot[_2_] May 10th 07 01:09 PM

Suggestions needed

Richard Eney wrote:
In article ,
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:
Knowing how many UFOs -- well, to be honest, UnStarted Projects (USPs) I
have at home, I was VERy virtuous at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
yesterday; only succumbed to a few super-bargains (then I spent $$ on
unusual garden plants at the herb-&-plant tent). So what would be a
good project to use up four 275-yd hanks of fingering wool, in a dark
heathery gray w/a splash of purple?

4 x 275 = 1100 yards. That's enough for a shawl, or a lacy vest or
small shrug.

=Tamar

A shrug! That's a great idea, Tamar, thank you. Thank everyone else,
too, of course. Now to search patterns...

Bob May 10th 07 03:52 PM

Suggestions needed

In article ,
spampot spampot\@NO SPAM orph.org wrote:
A shrug! That's a great idea, Tamar, thank you. Thank everyone else,
too, of course. Now to search patterns...

There's a nice, simple shrug at
http://www.knitonthenet.com/issue2/p...unshapedshrug/

Bob.