CraftBanter

-   Marketplace (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   looking to make new friends (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=60101)

woody jackson November 17th 05 04:57 AM

looking to make new friends

hello ladies and gents . i own a small rock shoppe here in southwest
oklahoma. currently i trade rocks shells indian artifacts etc with
people from about 18 states and 4 different countries. i have been
cutting and polishing rocks and making jewelry for yrs. if here is
anyone out there who shares my passion for rocks shells etc please post
a msg or feel free to e-mail me directly . thank you fo letting me post
here ... WOODY

Gatorman November 17th 05 06:46 PM

looking to make new friends

Hello Woody,
Tried to respond earlier but it seems it did not get through.
I am re kindling an old love of cutting and polishing opal.
It has been about 25 years since I have done this.
Saw a show on the travel chanel about opal and that got me going again.
Since the devastation from Katrina and Rita, my business has decreased
to zero.
So I have a lot of time on my hands to get back into this hobby. Later
Gator

woody jackson November 18th 05 06:17 AM

looking to make new friends

hey there gator...what type of business and where are you
located?.....what type of machinery do you use?..ive cut more than a few
opals over the years and just got a catalog for rough opals at gr8
prices...i'll get you the addy so you can request one....got any shells
starfish sand dollars sharks teeth you might want to let go of?

Gatorman November 18th 05 01:43 PM

looking to make new friends

woody jackson wrote:
hey there gator...what type of business and where are you
located?.....what type of machinery do you use?..ive cut more than a few
opals over the years and just got a catalog for rough opals at gr8
prices...i'll get you the addy so you can request one....got any shells
starfish sand dollars sharks teeth you might want to let go of?

I am in the swamp tour business south west of New Orleans.
Lost all my lapidary stuff in a divorce 25 yrs ago.
All I have left is some fire agate rough and some opal.
I have very little to offer but I will try to get you something that is
native to the area.
I won't tell you what it is but i will let you guess after you see
them.
If you've been to many southern craft shows you may recognize them.
Later Gator