CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87770)

Jan[_2_] October 6th 07 02:05 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

Go to http://www.interweave.com/knit/speci...ts_preview.asp to
preview the projects in it.

--
Jan in MN

Not Likely October 6th 07 09:45 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"Jan" wrote in message
Go to http://www.interweave.com/knit/speci...ts_preview.asp to
preview the projects in it.

Very pretty stuff, thank you for sharing, Jan. Gotta ask though... did the
picture of the Twilight Lace Wrap strike you as looking odd when you first
glanced at it? Once my eyes adjusted to it, I can see that it is a very
pretty wrap... but for the first couple of seconds I thought... why is that
woman wearing something that looks like a HUGE nun's habit? LOL It
wouldn't have looked like that if the photographer had sat the model
somewhere where there was something darker behind her rather than the open
space in the archway. ;o) I do love that Cathedral Afghan though, it is
gorgeous as are a lot of the other projects.

*hugs*
Gemini

[email protected] October 6th 07 03:46 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

On Oct 6, 3:05 am, "Jan" wrote:
Go tohttp://www.interweave.com/knit/special_issues/gifts_preview.aspto
preview the projects in it.

--
Jan in MN

will be a part of it ????
mirjam

enigma October 6th 07 04:01 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"Jan" wrote in

t:

Go to
http://www.interweave.com/knit/speci.../gifts_preview.
asp to preview the projects in it.

that was last years. here's the preview for this year.
http://www.interweaveknits.com/holid...fts/gifts_prev
iew.asp
or:
http://tinyurl.com/32rcba
i like the felted bag...
lee

Jan[_2_] October 6th 07 04:25 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Jan" wrote in

t:

Go to
http://www.interweave.com/knit/speci.../gifts_preview.
asp to preview the projects in it.

that was last years. here's the preview for this year.
http://www.interweaveknits.com/holid...fts/gifts_prev
iew.asp
or:
http://tinyurl.com/32rcba
i like the felted bag...
lee

Thank you, Lee, for the correct link. I had seen the 2006 link in a recent
yarn shop blog and obviously didn't notice the date :-)

--
Jan in MN

Jan[_2_] October 6th 07 04:26 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 6, 3:05 am, "Jan" wrote:
Go tohttp://www.interweave.com/knit/special_issues/gifts_preview.aspto
preview the projects in it.

--
Jan in MN

will be a part of it ????
mirjam

I don't subscribe so I don't know if this included. But if you look through
your most recent issue, it may tell you.

--
Jan in MN

Not Likely October 6th 07 04:45 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..

that was last years. here's the preview for this year.
http://www.interweaveknits.com/holid...ts_preview.asp
or:
http://tinyurl.com/32rcba
i like the felted bag...
lee

Thank you for sharing that site, Lee. I just had a look and am liking a few
of the things on there.

1 - Sugarplum Shrug
2 - Elliott the Dragon
3 - Classic Teddy Bear
4 - Wisp Afghan

*hugs*
Gem

enigma October 6th 07 04:48 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

wrote in
ups.com:

I have the Interweave subscription , do you thin this
special issue will be a part of it ????

no, the special issue isn't part of the subscription. it's news
stand only. you may need someone here to send it to you, as i
don't know if they have them on news stands over there. if you
do want it, i can get it for you.
lee

enigma October 6th 07 04:52 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in
:

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..

that was last years. here's the preview for this year.
http://www.interweaveknits.com/holid...ygifts/gifts_p
review.asp or:
http://tinyurl.com/32rcba
i like the felted bag...
lee

Thank you for sharing that site, Lee. I just had a look
and am liking a few of the things on there.

1 - Sugarplum Shrug
2 - Elliott the Dragon
3 - Classic Teddy Bear
4 - Wisp Afghan

yeah, i had fun with the pears from last year ;)
i like the shrug & my not-SIL has been hinting for a shrug...
i was wondering if it might be nice for my mom too. she's
always chilly, but i'm not sure if a shrug is easy for an
arthritic person to put on? maybe i should stick to making her
a nice shawl?
i also think Elliott the Dragon would find a nice home with
Boo... i wonder if he'd be simple enough for Boo to make
himself?
lee

Not Likely October 7th 07 04:11 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..

i like the shrug & my not-SIL has been hinting for a shrug...
i was wondering if it might be nice for my mom too. she's
always chilly, but i'm not sure if a shrug is easy for an
arthritic person to put on? maybe i should stick to making her
a nice shawl?

A shawl would be nice, but if your Mom doesn't have trouble putting on a
sweater she should be okay with putting on a shrug. I guess it depends on
the extent of the arthritis, and how badly it's flairing up at the time of
trying to put something on.

i also think Elliott the Dragon would find a nice home with
Boo... i wonder if he'd be simple enough for Boo to make
himself?

I just had another look at Elliot the Dragon... he *looks* simple enough
(looks like straight knitting, but looks can be deceiving I guess), and he
is done on straight needles... the seam must be on the back where the fin
is. He may need a little assistance around the mouth area though.. not sure
how they did that. Elliot *is* cute though! ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

B Vaughan October 8th 07 11:34 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:48:04 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

wrote in
oups.com:

I have the Interweave subscription , do you thin this
special issue will be a part of it ????

no, the special issue isn't part of the subscription. it's news
stand only. you may need someone here to send it to you, as i
don't know if they have them on news stands over there. if you
do want it, i can get it for you.

It looks as though you can order it on the website, though. However,
when I put it in my cart, my browser blew up. Maybe it needs IE.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.

enigma October 8th 07 12:30 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

B wrote in
:

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:48:04 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

wrote in
roups.com:

I have the Interweave subscription , do you thin this
special issue will be a part of it ????

no, the special issue isn't part of the subscription. it's
news
stand only. you may need someone here to send it to you, as
i don't know if they have them on news stands over there.
if you do want it, i can get it for you.

It looks as though you can order it on the website, though.
However, when I put it in my cart, my browser blew up.
Maybe it needs IE.

are you using Firefox? if so, there is an extention called
"IE Tab" that you can download & install. it allows you to
change a tab to IE mode, for those websites that are
incorrectly built to only allow IE browsers (M$ has
proprietary HTML code in it's web design software). it works
really well. i've been using it for about 2 years. i write to
the web designer of pages that only work in IE & complain too
;)
lee

Murielle October 8th 07 11:47 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

Oh my! So many pretty things to make. Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Murielle

B Vaughan October 9th 07 01:04 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:30:10 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

are you using Firefox? if so, there is an extention called
"IE Tab" that you can download & install. it allows you to
change a tab to IE mode, for those websites that are
incorrectly built to only allow IE browsers (M$ has
proprietary HTML code in it's web design software). it works
really well. i've been using it for about 2 years. i write to
the web designer of pages that only work in IE & complain too

Yes I use Firefox, but if a commercial web site wants my business,
they'd better not require IE. I stopped using Snapfish because they
even had a popup telling me I had to use IE to get their sale coupons.

If there is ever some noncommercial site I really want to see, I'll
download that tab. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

[email protected] October 9th 07 03:11 PM

wrote:

[...]

I thnk i will just write a sanail letter to the Magazine and order
it ,,,
mirjam

enigma October 10th 07 02:00 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

Mirjam, my dear friend, I've just come across this thread,
are you looking for a particular issue of the magazine?

the Holiday issue of Interweave Knit. it's not out until next
week (Tuesday) on the news stands & it's not part of the
subscription. that means people overseas, like Mirjam, won't
ever see it unless they see it on the website & order it, or
have a friend stateside to send it.
lee

[email protected] October 10th 07 06:05 AM

On Oct 10, 3:00 am, enigma wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote :

Mirjam, my dear friend, I've just come across this thread,
are you looking for a particular issue of the magazine?

the Holiday issue of Interweave Knit. it's not out until next
week (Tuesday) on the news stands & it's not part of the
subscription. that means people overseas, like Mirjam, won't
ever see it unless they see it on the website & order it, or
have a friend stateside to send it.
lee

Thank you LEE for explaining this to Noreen ,,Yes it is very odd we
never see here in shops any of those wonderful mags ,,,, i was luckily
subscribed to Interweave handwoven , decided to stop after some
years, as it didn`t answer my needs, But read about Interweave knits ,
subscribed and got knitted into it ,,,, And it is not because i need
Sweater patterns so much , those i calculate myself , i like to see
what is new !!!! in stitches and in general ,,,, wash my eyes with
just beautiful things ,,,,
At the time i ordered the First Interweave crochet they
published ,,,,
mirjam

[email protected] October 10th 07 06:06 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

On Oct 10, 4:25 am, "YarnWright" wrote:
enigma spun a FINE 'yarn':

the Holiday issue of Interweave Knit. it's not out until next
week (Tuesday) on the news stands & it's not part of the
subscription. that means people overseas, like Mirjam, won't
ever see it unless they see it on the website & order it, or
have a friend stateside to send it.
lee

end quoted

enigma. . .

Lee... is Mirjam looking for a US friend TO send it to her?????
Thanks,
Noreen

--http://www.lulu.com/yarnwrighthttp://yarnwright.etsy.comhttp://yarnwright.comhttp://noreensknitche.comhttp://noreensknitche.weblogs.ushttp://optional-knitting.comhttp://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000780-0, 10/09/2007
Tested: 10/9/2007 9:25:59 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006http://www.avast.com

No no NOREEN i will order it from the Company ,,
after i saw the promised range of items i think it is worth paying for
it ,,,,
mirjam

[email protected] October 10th 07 08:53 AM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

On Oct 10, 8:37 am, Spike Driver wrote:
Good morning Mirjam!

Dennis

wrote:
On Oct 10, 3:00 am, enigma wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote :

[...]

mirjam- Hide quoted text -

Good Morning Dennis and all others ,,, Hot day here ,, went to see a
shop lady for some question and heard she went to her study day ,,,
came home and drank some water to climb the mountain to colect some
stuff ,,,
This Moubtain walks up and down ,,, make wonders for our Feet ,,,
Haifa is known to have the Biggest number of Beauty Queens over the
years ,,,,,
mirjam

enigma October 10th 07 12:24 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

Lee... is Mirjam looking for a US friend TO send it to
her?????

i offered to send it & she was replying that she would write
to Interweave. it's really no problem for me to get an extra
copy (or more) for anyone when i get mine next Tuesday.
a lot of magazines put out special issues that aren't
included in the subscription now. i'm not fond of the trend,
but then, sometimes i really don't want the special issue so
it works out i suppose... however, unless you're on an email
list or periodically scan the websites, sometimes you don't
even know there *is* a special issue, as not all news stands
will carry those (due to room)
lee

[email protected] October 10th 07 01:12 PM

On Oct 10, 1:24 pm, enigma wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote :

Lee... is Mirjam looking for a US friend TO send it to
her?????

i offered to send it & she was replying that she would write
to Interweave. it's really no problem for me to get an extra
copy (or more) for anyone when i get mine next Tuesday.
a lot of magazines put out special issues that aren't
included in the subscription now. i'm not fond of the trend,
but then, sometimes i really don't want the special issue so
it works out i suppose... however, unless you're on an email
list or periodically scan the websites, sometimes you don't
even know there *is* a special issue, as not all news stands
will carry those (due to room)
lee

Lee if you hadn`t pointed it out to me i would have never known
[ unless they put an add in the usuaul mag] that it came out ,,,, i am
really thankful if you offered to send it to me , but i feel this is a
burden , maybe not the mag , but post costs a lot ..... that is why i
rather pay my own , not to bother other people ..
THANK YOU Again
mirjam

enigma October 10th 07 02:54 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

wrote in
ps.com:

Lee if you hadn`t pointed it out to me i would have never
known [ unless they put an add in the usuaul mag] that it
came out ,,,, i am really thankful if you offered to send
it to me , but i feel this is a burden , maybe not the mag
, but post costs a lot ..... that is why i rather pay my
own , not to bother other people ..

it's really not a problem. i do stuff like this all the
time.:)
before Oreos were available in Scotland, i sent them to an
online friend, especially the holiday ones with the weird
coloured fillings. 4 packs of Oreos were US$35 to ship, but i
can afford to do that for friends :)
lee

Not Likely October 11th 07 05:53 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in
ps.com:

Lee if you hadn`t pointed it out to me i would have never
known [ unless they put an add in the usuaul mag] that it
came out ,,,, i am really thankful if you offered to send
it to me , but i feel this is a burden , maybe not the mag
, but post costs a lot ..... that is why i rather pay my
own , not to bother other people ..

it's really not a problem. i do stuff like this all the
time.:)
before Oreos were available in Scotland, i sent them to an
online friend, especially the holiday ones with the weird
coloured fillings. 4 packs of Oreos were US$35 to ship, but i
can afford to do that for friends :)
lee

Lee, could you email me at gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT ca please? I'd like to
know how much the magazine would cost to see if I can afford to have you
send it to me, since there are four items worked on two straight needles
that I really like in that special issue. If I can't get it, no big deal.
Thank you!

*hugs*
Gem

enigma October 11th 07 06:33 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in
:

Lee, could you email me at gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT ca
please? I'd like to know how much the magazine would cost
to see if I can afford to have you send it to me, since
there are four items worked on two straight needles that I
really like in that special issue. If I can't get it, no
big deal. Thank you!

if i don't email you by tonight, poke me again...
it's not on the stands yet, but the Interweave family of
magazines are pretty reasonably priced, maybe US$5. postage to
Canada is pretty much the same as interstate. plus i still owe
you lunaria seeds...
lee

Marilyn October 12th 07 05:20 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

Mirjam,
I love the way you said,"wash my eyes with just beautiful things" It says it
so much better than my typical answer to my husband which is, "I like
looking" when he asks what I am doing when I look at one page of knitting
after another online.
Marilyn

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 10, 3:00 am, enigma wrote:
"YarnWright" wrote
:

Not Likely October 12th 07 05:31 PM

Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in
:

Lee, could you email me at gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT ca
please? I'd like to know how much the magazine would cost
to see if I can afford to have you send it to me, since
there are four items worked on two straight needles that I
really like in that special issue. If I can't get it, no
big deal. Thank you!

if i don't email you by tonight, poke me again...
it's not on the stands yet, but the Interweave family of
magazines are pretty reasonably priced, maybe US$5. postage to
Canada is pretty much the same as interstate. plus i still owe
you lunaria seeds...
lee

I likely won't be online tonight.... so I'll give you a gentle poke now
instead.... I'm not feeling my best today (stomach issues again.. which also
affects my back) and think I will most likely be camped out on the sofa for
most of the day and night watching mindless TV and hopefully (if I'm feeling
up to it) working a bit more on my latest baby blanket.

Funny you should mention the lunaria seeds... I had almost forgotten about
them. I *thought* there was something that you said you would be sending,
but I couldn't remember and didn't want to say "Oh by the way... didn't you
say you were going to send me something?" LOL

I think the magazine may have to just be forgotten about, unfortunately.
Matthew's money just came in and it's only half of what we had been
expecting, so things are tighter now than we thought they would be. :o/
I'm tired of the same old song... time to change the channel. I wish it
were that easy. *shrug* Oh well, I guess we must have done something
REALLY bad in a past life. hehehe Gotta smile and laugh it off, otherwise
it brings you down. ;o)

Did you figure out yet (or will you wait to see the magazine for sure) if
your son will be able to knit the dragon himself or not? That would be a
really cute accomplishment for him. :o)

Off to rest now. I hope whatever bug has decided to take up residence in my
stomach, moves out very soon... it's throwing some wild parties that I don't
appreciate.

*hugs*
Gem