CraftBanter

-   -   "Anyone done Not Your Grandmothers Tumblinb Block Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29400)

BDS2pds January 15th 04 11:31 PM

"Anyone done Not Your Grandmothers Tumblinb Block Quilt

I am having difficulty understanding these instructions and wondered if anyone
else has used this book? May be that I am recovering from the flu and mind
bogged but it appears harder than the traditional tumbling block pattern to me!

AliceW January 16th 04 12:25 AM

I've got one started and it's hanging on my design wall as I write this.
Let me know what's giving you trouble and I'll see if I can answer your
questions.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Patti January 16th 04 08:36 AM

I was intrigued when I saw this demonstrated on Simply Quilts (via one
of our kind donation of tapes).
I thought it was quite a complicated method when I saw it - and thought
the traditional method was easier too!
However, I think it does have benefits.
Are you trying to read the instructions with some fabric in your hands?
or are you just reading the book? If you are just reading, I suggest
going straight away to get some practice fabric and then follow the
instructions using the fabric. This should make it a lot easier. If
you are already doing it with the fabric, try reading the instructions
out loud! or getting someone else to do that for you while you work on
the fabric.
..
In article , BDS2pds
writes
I am having difficulty understanding these instructions and wondered if anyone
else has used this book? May be that I am recovering from the flu and mind
bogged but it appears harder than the traditional tumbling block pattern to me!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill