CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A (belated) introduction and hello! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22209)

mickey January 18th 04 07:49 PM

A (belated) introduction and hello!

Hi Everyone-

It just occurred to me that I haven't properly introduced myself, even
thought I've been reading the group off and on for over 2 years, and
have even posted a handful of times. So here goes!

I'm a Midwest girl who was recently transplanted to New England for my
DH's career. Still trying to find my footing here. Obviously, I'm
married, but I have no human "kids." Our "babies" are two lizards -
Norman, the bearded dragon, and Clio, the mountain horned dragon. Of
course, they are completely spoiled! :-)

I mostly cross stich and crochet, though I have some samplers in my
statsh with some other counted stitched in them. I'm slowly
diversifying. Before I started reading this group, I had only worked
from kits, but now I'm using specialty fibers (I love blending
filament!) and even have a small project started on linen. Mostly, I'm
having difficulty finding the time to stitch. Sigh. I did manage
almost 3 hours last night!

Now for the important stuff, I love all kinds of chocolate, except when
it's mixed with peanut butter. But I prefer dark chocolate (Dove) with
a nice glass of red wine. I do lick my floss occasionally, when I can
find my needle threader. And for especially for Tia Mary: I prefer
Miracle Whip on sandwiches, but I prefer mayo on veggie burgers.
(Ducking and running...)

Hello to everyone! Y'all rock!!!

--Mickey
Mansfield, MA

to reply, remove "nospam"
mickey18385 at yahoo dot com

Cheryl Isaak January 18th 04 09:08 PM

Hi Mickey!
On 1/18/04 2:49 PM, in article C%zOb.79883$sv6.183491@attbi_s52, "mickey"
wrote:

Hi Everyone-

It just occurred to me that I haven't properly introduced myself, even
thought I've been reading the group off and on for over 2 years, and
have even posted a handful of times. So here goes!

I'm a Midwest girl who was recently transplanted to New England for my
DH's career. Still trying to find my footing here. Obviously, I'm
married, but I have no human "kids." Our "babies" are two lizards -
Norman, the bearded dragon, and Clio, the mountain horned dragon. Of

course, they are completely spoiled! :-)

I'll make sure DS doesn't meet you! He wants a reptile pet in the worst way.

Now for the important stuff, I love all kinds of chocolate, except when
it's mixed with peanut butter. But I prefer dark chocolate (Dove) with
a nice glass of red wine.

Try a ruby port with dark chocolate!
I do lick my floss occasionally, when I can
find my needle threader. And for especially for Tia Mary: I prefer
Miracle Whip on sandwiches, but I prefer mayo on veggie burgers.
(Ducking and running...)

Hello to everyone! Y'all rock!!!

Cheryl

mickey January 18th 04 11:40 PM

Our "babies" are two lizards -
Norman, the bearded dragon, and Clio, the mountain horned dragon. Of
course, they are completely spoiled! :-)

I'll make sure DS doesn't meet you! He wants a reptile pet in the worst way.

Awww, but, but, ...Norman LOVES company. Seriously, while reptiles can
be "lower maintenance" than fuzzy pets, I would not advocate having them
without doing your research first, thoroughly! Raising both of our
little lizard people from hatchlings wasn't easy, and took a lot of
time, patience, and vet visits. And both of them eat live prey (in the
form of crickets or mealworms), so we had to learn to raise insects as
well. Ick! Now I'm getting off my soapbox.

Now for the important stuff, I love all kinds of chocolate, except when
it's mixed with peanut butter. But I prefer dark chocolate (Dove) with
a nice glass of red wine.

Try a ruby port with dark chocolate!

I love port, but don't often have it around since DH can't stand it.
May have to get some, with the specific intent to NOT share with him. LOL.

Cheryl Isaak January 19th 04 11:27 AM

On 1/18/04 6:40 PM, in article rPEOb.79828$Rc4.288514@attbi_s54, "mickey"
wrote:

Our "babies" are two lizards -
Norman, the bearded dragon, and Clio, the mountain horned dragon. Of
course, they are completely spoiled! :-)

I'll make sure DS doesn't meet you! He wants a reptile pet in the worst way.

Awww, but, but, ...Norman LOVES company. Seriously, while reptiles can
be "lower maintenance" than fuzzy pets, I would not advocate having them
without doing your research first, thoroughly! Raising both of our
little lizard people from hatchlings wasn't easy, and took a lot of
time, patience, and vet visits. And both of them eat live prey (in the
form of crickets or mealworms), so we had to learn to raise insects as
well. Ick! Now I'm getting off my soapbox.

Well, we'll let you adopt DS once in a while. I'll bet after cleaning the
cricket cage a few times, that he loses interest! BTW - put those cleanings
into your compost heap!

Now for the important stuff, I love all kinds of chocolate, except when
it's mixed with peanut butter. But I prefer dark chocolate (Dove) with
a nice glass of red wine.

Try a ruby port with dark chocolate!

I love port, but don't often have it around since DH can't stand it.
May have to get some, with the specific intent to NOT share with him. LOL.

Go for it. It is definitely a his and hers liquor cabinet here!

Cheryl