CraftBanter

-   -   What would you do with vintage double knit? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33346)

Roberta Zollner August 3rd 04 09:10 AM

What would you do with vintage double knit?

Sure you can say it -a very accurate description, although not entirely fair
to every butt.
Roberta in D

"Laurie G." wrote in message
.com...
That is so funny! That was my first thought - get rid of it. My DGM has a
quilt made from polyester fabrics she used to make pants outfits for work
from. YUK!!!! I guess it is a nice way to use up fabric but talk about

BUTT
UGLY! Ooh, can we say that here? Sorry!bg

Laurie
" Ellison" wrote in message
. ..
Howdy!
I'd get rid of it. ;-P

Ragmop/Sandy--oh, wait, I already did get rid of that poly that
was given to me... Hooray!

"Debra" wrote in message
I have inherited some vintage polyester double knit fabrics from the
1970s. Most are classic patterns like hound's tooth and herringbone
in classic color combinations. There is a yard or more of each piece,
but nothing big enough to make clothing for anyone I know. They were
all made by Burlington Mills and still have tags or bags with the
Burlington logo on them. Polyester seems to never decay so if I can't
find a way to use it I'll probably try selling it on ebay, but I'd
rather use it if I can. I don't know what to do with this stuff and
thought maybe someone here would have an idea or two I could use.

Debra in VA