CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   request help identifying class ring (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=98037)

[email protected] September 23rd 08 05:42 PM

request help identifying class ring

I am trying to help identify the remains of an unknown person found
recently in Giles County, Virginia. Would anyone have useful
suggestions on identifying this class ring? It appears to have the
Initials MC on one side and CA on the other. My guess is it's a high
school ring, belonging to someone who graduated in 1903. It's
obviously very old. The ring was found along with coins dating before
1920 which would tend to substantiate the 1903 graduation theory.

[http://i37.tinypic.com/20igcnd.jpg

Please email responses to

Don T September 24th 08 03:06 AM

request help identifying class ring

The pictures are too small and out of focus to do much good.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

It is a worthy thing to fight for one's freedom;
it is another sight finer to fight for another man's.
~Mark Twain

The LazyBum September 24th 08 03:06 AM

request help identifying class ring

Most of them have a company that made them, Jostens and a few others.... If
it is engraved on the inside as to made it, you may be able to call them.

---Lazy
http://www.funcraftics.com