CraftBanter

-   -   News O' Mine--OT and otherwise (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52132)

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska June 21st 05 01:09 PM

News O' Mine--OT and otherwise

I taught my first class at the Country Sampler Quilt Shop (Papillion
NE) last night. It was a Needlepunch class and, I thought, great fun.
By the time the ladies left, I felt they were all punching confidently.
I do love teaching. And punchneedle embroidery is a neat, quick and
satisfying old/new needlework skill.

And drumroll I am a new Grandma!
http://client.webshots.com/photo/375...75259819AqSavf

Liem Charlotte was born on Saturday afternoon. She weighed 6 lb 4 oz
and was almost 20 inches long. Her big brother Talley (age 3) is very
excited, jealous, confused and exuberantly loving. (Liem is her
maternal grandmother's name; Charlotte is her paternal paternal
Great-Grandmother.)

I've been waiting a long time to have a baby girl in the family.
There's enough pink fabric in my sewing room to cover the county! Now
I just need the time to get started on a pink quilt. :

joan (smiling all over from head to toe!

Queen of Squishies June 21st 05 01:43 PM

Congratulations, Grandma, what a sweet little lady!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Pat in Virginia June 21st 05 01:48 PM

Mazel Tov Joan! Liem is absolutely beautiful, but you know that. Er, how
would I pronounce that charming old time name?
PAT in VA/USA

....cut...

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska June 21st 05 02:07 PM

Thank you,

Lee-um. It's old-fashioned and charming...in Thailand. : Karen's
mom is Thai and little Liem (Liem Junior?) is named after her.

joan

Patti June 21st 05 03:13 PM

Oh, she's so sweet.
2 days old and bored with the world already g
Little treasure.
..
In message .com,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Marcella Peek June 21st 05 03:53 PM

Yahoo!!! on both counts. You have good reason to be smiling from head
to toe!

marcella

In article .com,

KJ June 21st 05 04:16 PM

Congratulations Grandma!
Are you doing the Russian needlepunch? I'm into that too! I just finished
my first project. Which reminds me I should get it loaded on my Webshots.
I bought the needled many years ago (at least 15!) but never really got
started on it. It's really a hot needlework item now.
Kinda wish I had a baby picture to load up too! But since neither of my
kids are settled yet, it might not be the best thing at this time. Maybe
I'll have to borrow one.