CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sunset Designs (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=97856)

Laury Walkey September 14th 08 03:08 PM

Sunset Designs

Does anyone know if this company still exists? I've been googling it
and find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing
providing a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in order
to finish the piece. It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called Hummingbird and
Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,
--

Laury Walkey (Miss) (still working on clearing out old UFOs!)
BC, Canada

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) September 14th 08 03:37 PM

Sunset Designs

Laury Walkey wrote:
Does anyone know if this company still exists? I've been googling it
and find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing
providing a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in order
to finish the piece. It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called Hummingbird and
Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

This UK site has some kits from Sunset Designs and Jiffy
http://www.cross-stitch-centre.co.uk
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

Lucille[_3_] September 14th 08 08:21 PM

Sunset Designs

"Laury Walkey" wrote in message
Does anyone know if this company still exists? I've been googling it and
find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing providing
a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in order to
finish the piece. It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called Hummingbird and
Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,
--

Laury Walkey (Miss) (still working on clearing out old UFOs!)
BC, Canada

I happened to be in Michael's this morning and saw a couple of kits marked
Sunset. IIRC Sunset was the company that put out Jiffy Kits.

These Sunset Kits were from Dimensions. Maybe Dimensions bought Jiffy
and if you get in touch with Dimensions they could give you some help with
your threads.

I hope this helps.

Lucille

Barbara[_4_] September 14th 08 09:32 PM

Sunset Designs

Laury Walkey wrote:
Does anyone know if this company still exists? I've been googling it
and find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing
providing a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in order
to finish the piece. It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called Hummingbird and
Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

http://www.ioffer.com/i/14400180

did not find company ,but did find the kit for you
Barbara

Laury Walkey September 14th 08 11:09 PM

Sunset Designs

Hi, Barbara,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately this isn't the kit I'm working
on. I've scanned the photo into the album called Pending Projects on my
online album: http://polgara.shutterfly.com/ .

Thanks for checking and thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Laury

Barbara[_4_] September 15th 08 01:15 AM

Sunset Designs

Laury Walkey wrote:
Does anyone know if this company still exists? I've been googling it
and find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing
providing a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in order
to finish the piece. It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called Hummingbird and
Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

3401 crow canyon RD
San Ramon CA 94583
no longer sunset designs.It is a fitness club.
Maybe you can take your art word to the local craft store and see if you
can fine a close match.
Just think Mother changes it colors all the time. Maybe take the new
color that you purchase and put it in the art work someplace you have
already done. Introduce it and continue on.

Barbara

val189 September 15th 08 01:23 AM

Sunset Designs

Laury, did you ever do anything with that half done cat I sent you?
Just curious.
Val

[email protected] September 15th 08 07:17 AM

Sunset Designs

Barbara wrote:
Laury Walkey wrote:
Does anyone know if this company still exists? *I've been googling it
and find a lot of references to their old stitchery kits but nothing
providing a current contact.

I'm trying to track down some of their threads from an old kit in
order to finish the piece. *It's a Jiffy Stitchery kit called
Hummingbird and Azaleas.

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

http://www.ioffer.com/i/14400180

did not find company ,but did find the kit for you
Barbara

--

Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada- Hide quoted text -

Nice picture , lovely cats ,,
why can`t you use just any thread , as long as you like the colour !!!
mirjam

Laury Walkey September 16th 08 02:52 PM

Sunset Designs

wrote:

Nice picture , lovely cats ,,
why can`t you use just any thread , as long as you like the colour !!!
mirjam

I would like to but it's half finished and I don't want to have to undo
and redo it!! :- It also matches two other projects so I want to have
them all alike -- I like the symmetry. In any other case I would do
exactly what you've suggested.

I took a look at your works, Mirjam, and they are very unique and
creative. I always enjoy seeing other people's creations.

Cheers,
--

Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada

Laury Walkey September 22nd 08 02:32 PM

Sunset Designs

val189 wrote:
Laury, did you ever do anything with that half done cat I sent you?
Just curious.
Val

No, I'm afraid it's still in my UFO box. First I need to splice in
another piece of canvas and track down the pattern and the materials.
Can you tell me the name of the designer?

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

--

Laury Walkey (Miss)