CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paternayan yarn numbers (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=74755)

Karen Dixon, Millennia Designs September 17th 06 08:52 AM

Paternayan yarn numbers

I am afraid UK Paterna is no more. The Craft Collection who
manufactured it under license gave up earlier in the year. UK stitchers
will have to swap to imported US Paternayan.

It is not all doom and gloom though. The US range has shades not in the
UK range, many of which are very similar to the old UK 'D' numbers. We
manufacture a range of kits using Paterna, including Jill Gordon's
designs, so we have just had a major exercise to swap over!

Cheers,

Karen Dixon
www.millennia-designs.com

wrote:
bungadora wrote:
Glad to help. I might contact JCA myself, just to find out whether
they ever produced their own conversion chart.

I have a paper chart of the US Paternayan yarns dated about 1990. The
back page has the conversion from OLD Paternayan to NEW Paternayan.
This paper chart is not handy or I would scan it and email the scan.
But it did originate with JCA.

And the difference between US Paternayan and UK Paterna is that some of
those lovely colours that used to be available in the US are still
available in the UK. The UK have different numbers and no comparison
is perfect--I got a shade card from Sew Exciting in the UK for a
reasonable sum.

Good luck with the needlework--Irene

smj September 17th 06 06:30 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

elderberry22,

I have entered your '0s' in a spreadsheet: Old2New, and New2Old. When
you finish publishing them I will be glad to send the spreadsheet on to
any who request it. Thanks for taking the time to type them in.

Susan in Seattle

I don't have a scanner, but I can just type them in a few at a time &
hope for not too many typos!

Old=New
001=260
005=261
010=262
011-256
012-263
014-327
015-756
017-246
020-465
025-462
026-948
032-236
040-716
050-220

And that is all the zeros. Will try to do more later.

bungadora September 17th 06 10:56 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

Thanks for doing this elderberry.
Dora

elderberry22 wrote:
I don't have a scanner, but I can just type them in a few at a time &
hope for not too many typos!

Old=New
001=260
005=261
010=262
011-256
012-263
014-327
015-756
017-246
020-465
025-462
026-948
032-236
040-716
050-220

And that is all the zeros. Will try to do more later.
Because I have a number of early 1970s books, particularly bargello
ones, I would like to obtain a copy of the Paternayan conversion chart.
Would anyone who has it be willing to scan it? Or if you would send
me a scan or copy, I would create an Excel spreadsheet that has the
conversions and send it to anyone who wanted it.

Thanks in advance,
Susan in Seattle

elderberry22 September 19th 06 01:38 AM

Paternayan yarn numbers

wrote:
bungadora wrote:
Glad to help. I might contact JCA myself, just to find out whether
they ever produced their own conversion chart.

I have a paper chart of the US Paternayan yarns dated about 1990. The
back page has the conversion from OLD Paternayan to NEW Paternayan.
This paper chart is not handy or I would scan it and email the scan.
But it did originate with JCA.

And the difference between US Paternayan and UK Paterna is that some of
those lovely colours that used to be available in the US are still
available in the UK. The UK have different numbers and no comparison
is perfect--I got a shade card from Sew Exciting in the UK for a
reasonable sum.

Good luck with the needlework--Irene

104-440
105-420
108-221
110-421
112-DISC
113-422
114-450
115-DISC
116-470
117-DISC
120-460
123-DISC
124-452
126-472
127-DISC
131-DISC
132-473
133-DISC
134-453
136-454
137-DISC
138-474
140-424
143-DISC
144-410
145-441
147-DISC
More later.....

elderberry22 October 9th 06 06:08 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

wrote:
bungadora wrote:
[...]

Welll, here it is later, and here is some mo
153=475
154=411
162=200
164=202
166=203
168=204
172=412
174=413
180=210
182=211
184=212
186=213
194=414
200=971
201=920
202=972
203=DISC
204=DISC
205=DISC
207=DISC
210=930
211=DISC
213=950
215=861
217=401
220=DISC
221=DISC
223=911
225=862
227=DISC
228=DISC
229=DISC
230=951
231=902
232=903
234=DISC
236=900
238=952
240=840
242=841
243=953
245=931
247=402
248=403
249=404
250=912
254=914
255=932
256=915
257=405
260=933
262=921
265=934
266=870
267=860
269=871
271=406
273=863
274=872
275=DISC
278=864
280=873
281=DISC
282=904
283=922
284=865
285=923
286=874
287=875
288=905
289=913
294=924
295=320
304=DISC
305=570

bungadora October 9th 06 07:39 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

I thought maybe you were lost. But thanks again. By the way I wrote the
company but never heard back from them.
Dora

[email protected] October 9th 06 07:41 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

There is a conversion chart at http://makeashorterlink.com/?X5CE24EED
And what looks like a handy page at
http://www.fibergypsy.com/threadlist/index.shtml
Don't know if it is what you need but it may help
--
Bruce Fletcher
btinternetDOTcomATricardian

bungadora October 9th 06 07:53 PM

Paternayan yarn numbers

Thanks, but the conversion we're doing in this case are the old
Paternayan numbers (pre 1982) to post 1982 numbers, to a certain point
of course. I'm sure they introduced new colors after the chart was
published.
Dora

elderberry22 October 13th 06 03:18 AM

Paternayan yarn numbers