CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Thanksgiving poem (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38054)

Valkyrie November 22nd 04 06:10 PM

Thanksgiving poem

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned
The dark meat and white But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy eating to all Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy
Have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious
May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs.

C R November 24th 04 07:40 PM

Thanksgiving poem

(Valkyrie)
'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
snip
The leftovers beckoned

May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs.
---
Sigh. Too late for me. Might as well have duct taped the dressing to
my thighs...
Y'all have a good Turkey Day, don't even think of my diet dilemmas...
Cea

CySew November 24th 04 11:07 PM

A Happy Thanksgiving to all my online sewing friends!!
Emily