CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HELP , Needlepoint on faces (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140054)

Valerie MIOTTI April 15th 17 02:10 PM

HELP , Needlepoint on faces

I am new to needlepoint, and very ambitiously am doing a "Madonna" by Royal Paris. I have done almost all but have yet to stitch the faces and hands. To me it looks as though I should do this with crewel wool , needlepoint ? ? ? It is a Penelope canvas so possible. I DONT KNOW HOW !!!!!!
Can anyone please give me some advice ? There is no way I can get help here as I am isolated.
Val

[email protected] April 15th 17 02:56 PM

HELP , Needlepoint on faces

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 06:10:09 -0700 (PDT), Valerie MIOTTI
wrote:

I am new to needlepoint, and very ambitiously am doing a "Madonna" by Royal Paris. I have done almost all but have yet to stitch the faces and hands. To me it looks as though I should do this with crewel wool , needlepoint ? ? ? It is a Penelope canvas so possible. I DONT KNOW HOW !!!!!!
Can anyone please give me some advice ? There is no way I can get help here as I am isolated.
Val

not quite clear to me exactly how you are doing it - often doing
needlepoint in wool if i wanted more detail in the faces I would
switch and use silk/cotton threads, using enough strands to cover the
canvas.

Do they say anything on the pattern?

Valerie MIOTTI April 15th 17 07:39 PM

HELP , Needlepoint on faces

I have no directions. I really meant petit point. I have done everything in wool which is why I thought I should now use crewel wool which is much finer.

[email protected] April 15th 17 10:29 PM

HELP , Needlepoint on faces

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:39:08 -0700 (PDT), Valerie MIOTTI
wrote:

I have no directions. I really meant petit point. I have done everything in wool which is why I thought I should now use crewel wool which is much finer.

the same would apply, with petit pointe I would definitely do the
faces with a good silk thread.

Valerie MIOTTI April 16th 17 01:37 AM

HELP , Needlepoint on faces

Many thanks. I will be up in Perth ( West Australia ) next week and hope to shop for the threads then. If not I will go online and hope to match up.