CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   left-handed needlepoint (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=53087)

Bob & Sue Tingle July 8th 05 03:59 PM

left-handed needlepoint

What is the best method to teach a 9 year old granddaughter basketweave. I
read in one book to turn the work upside down. Thanks! Sue

Sallys Mom July 8th 05 05:01 PM

I'm right handed and have taught several people to crochet by sitting across
from them and doing the stitches. The follow along. This "mirror image"
style has worked for that - maybe it can work for needlepoint. Just a
thought.

Karen C - California July 8th 05 05:42 PM

Sallys Mom wrote:

I'm right handed and have taught several people to crochet by sitting across
from them and doing the stitches. The follow along. This "mirror image"
style has worked for that - maybe it can work for needlepoint. Just a
thought.

That's the way I learned all my needlework skills from two
opposite-handed teachers.

Then I got a same-handed teacher and was totally confused, because I was
so used to reversing the directions in my mind!

--
Karen C - California

Finished 6/28/05 - Painted Bunting pillow (Bucilla)

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents

LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. July 9th 05 05:24 AM

Send her to me? I'm left handed! lol

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
Heirlooms In Stitching