CraftBanter

-   Doll Houses (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dollhouse shop help (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90560)

Sherlock December 27th 07 02:21 PM

Dollhouse shop help

Can anyone offer help or assistance in opening a Dollhouse furniture outlet
?

Tony

Gerald Miller December 27th 07 10:33 PM

Dollhouse shop help

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:21:27 +1100, "Sherlock"
wrote:

Can anyone offer help or assistance in opening a Dollhouse furniture outlet
?

Tony

We tried it here in a city of 300,000 and hung on for almost 7 years,
1988-95, before we closed without going bankrupt, but I would say we
lost about a quarter million cdn.$. We carried high end merchandise as
well as collector dolls. The clubs were mostly interested in raw
materials, rather than finished product.

Herb December 27th 07 11:25 PM

Dollhouse shop help

Sherlock wrote:

Can anyone offer help or assistance in opening a Dollhouse furniture outlet
?

Tony

Absolutely no experience, but it might say something that in Los
Angeles, a city of almost 4 million, there are zero - nada - not any
dollhouse miniature shops, unless you count the gift shop in the
Angels Attic toy and dollhouse museum. There used to be a half-dozen
or so. There are still 5 or 6 in some nearby areas, but they're few
and far between. There are a number of NAME associated clubs, and they
go far afield on shopping expeditions.

- Herb