CraftBanter

CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/index.php)
-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stitchville USA and new photos! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140057)

Violet Stitches April 23rd 17 10:14 PM

Stitchville USA and new photos!

I finally did it...hubby drove me 2.5 hours to the very first Needlework Shop I've ever been in. I about died of happiness! Stichville USA is in Minnetonka, MN and was pretty hard to find, as it's hidden in the corner of an extensive complex of strip malls. The place is HUGE and stocked with everything stitchy you could ever dream of. I was at first so overwhelmed I could only wander around in a daze, but after some time the layout of the store made more sense to me. I had a blissful shopping experience which lasted for over two hours.

Mostly I purchased fabrics of all different counts and colors, many of them beautiful opalescents I've never seen before. The selection was incredible..

I was also blown away by the sheer number of stitched models they had there.. When you shop online you can't tell from the photo what things REALLY look like, so I discovered some new designers I love. One was Nora Corbett for Mirabilia...wow, her stuff looks much more spectacular in real life than in photos. I bought two of her smaller charts that aren't full coverage patterns, because my damaged hands just aren't up to full coverage. "Mermaid Verde" and "Cupid" the reindeer were the two I chose. They're beautiful with many embellishments.

The other brand I was impressed by is called The Sweetheart Tree. When you see pics of these designs online they look very unexciting, but Stichville had models of them displayed. My goodness there was so much sparkle and bling I couldn't resist...sparkly fabric, sparkly threads, and sparkly beads all in one place! I purchased "Potpourri Heart" and "Tulip Welcome". Unfortunately this brand is very expensive. The charts were $25 each, and they're SMALL charts...one had some threads and beads included and the other one didn't.

There was one mistake I made; I bought some wool felt patterns for needle books and then totally forgot to get the actual wool fabric while I was there. Oops! Guess I'll just have to go back to Stitchville again. ;)

I uploaded a few new pics at the RCTN photo page (my album is called Violet Stitches' Projects) if anyone is interested: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...os/photostream

Happy Stitching to everyone on this gorgeous spring day.

-Violet

[email protected] April 23rd 17 10:43 PM

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:14:40 -0700 (PDT), Violet Stitches
wrote:

I finally did it...hubby drove me 2.5 hours to the very first Needlework Shop I've ever been in. I about died of happiness! Stichville USA is in Minnetonka, MN and was pretty hard to find, as it's hidden in the corner of an extensive complex of strip malls. The place is HUGE and stocked with everything stitchy you could ever dream of. I was at first so overwhelmed I could only wander around in a daze, but after some time the layout of the store made more sense to me. I had a blissful shopping experience which lasted for over two hours.

Mostly I purchased fabrics of all different counts and colors, many of them beautiful opalescents I've never seen before. The selection was incredible.

I was also blown away by the sheer number of stitched models they had there. When you shop online you can't tell from the photo what things REALLY look like, so I discovered some new designers I love. One was Nora Corbett for Mirabilia...wow, her stuff looks much more spectacular in real life than in photos. I bought two of her smaller charts that aren't full coverage patterns, because my damaged hands just aren't up to full coverage. "Mermaid Verde" and "Cupid" the reindeer were the two I chose. They're beautiful with many embellishments.

The other brand I was impressed by is called The Sweetheart Tree. When you see pics of these designs online they look very unexciting, but Stichville had models of them displayed. My goodness there was so much sparkle and bling I couldn't resist...sparkly fabric, sparkly threads, and sparkly beads all in one place! I purchased "Potpourri Heart" and "Tulip Welcome". Unfortunately this brand is very expensive. The charts were $25 each, and they're SMALL charts...one had some threads and beads included and the other one didn't.

There was one mistake I made; I bought some wool felt patterns for needle books and then totally forgot to get the actual wool fabric while I was there. Oops! Guess I'll just have to go back to Stitchville again. ;)

I uploaded a few new pics at the RCTN photo page (my album is called Violet Stitches' Projects) if anyone is interested: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...os/photostream

-Violet

lol we've all been down Stash Street :) Good to hear you found a
place and had a lovely day.

Jinx the Minx April 24th 17 07:25 AM

Violet Stitches wrote:
I finally did it...hubby drove me 2.5 hours to the very first Needlework
Shop I've ever been in. I about died of happiness! Stichville USA is in
Minnetonka, MN and was pretty hard to find, as it's hidden in the corner
of an extensive complex of strip malls. The place is HUGE and stocked
with everything stitchy you could ever dream of. I was at first so
overwhelmed I could only wander around in a daze, but after some time the
layout of the store made more sense to me. I had a blissful shopping
experience which lasted for over two hours.

Mostly I purchased fabrics of all different counts and colors, many of
them beautiful opalescents I've never seen before. The selection was incredible.

I was also blown away by the sheer number of stitched models they had
there. When you shop online you can't tell from the photo what things
REALLY look like, so I discovered some new designers I love. One was Nora
Corbett for Mirabilia...wow, her stuff looks much more spectacular in
real life than in photos. I bought two of her smaller charts that aren't
full coverage patterns, because my damaged hands just aren't up to full
coverage. "Mermaid Verde" and "Cupid" the reindeer were the two I chose.
They're beautiful with many embellishments.

The other brand I was impressed by is called The Sweetheart Tree. When
you see pics of these designs online they look very unexciting, but
Stichville had models of them displayed. My goodness there was so much
sparkle and bling I couldn't resist...sparkly fabric, sparkly threads,
and sparkly beads all in one place! I purchased "Potpourri Heart" and
"Tulip Welcome". Unfortunately this brand is very expensive. The charts
were $25 each, and they're SMALL charts...one had some threads and beads
included and the other one didn't.

There was one mistake I made; I bought some wool felt patterns for needle
books and then totally forgot to get the actual wool fabric while I was
there. Oops! Guess I'll just have to go back to Stitchville again. ;)

I uploaded a few new pics at the RCTN photo page (my album is called
Violet Stitches' Projects) if anyone is interested:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...os/photostream

-Violet

So glad you liked it and found the trip worthwhile!

--
jinx the minx

Joan Erickson April 28th 17 03:58 PM

On 4/23/2017 4:14 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:
I finally did it...hubby drove me 2.5 hours to the very first Needlework Shop I've ever been in.

So glad you finally made it there, Violet!!! Sounds like heaven. I
have yet to make it there. DH doesn't ever want to go to stitch shops
and Minnetonka is too far from where my Sis-in-law lives, so I don't
feel comfy asking her to go with me, aside from the fact she's only a
knitter and not a stitcher.

Sounds like you made some great purchases, too! Lucky you!!!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown

Joan Erickson April 28th 17 04:07 PM

On 4/23/2017 4:14 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:
One was Nora Corbett for Mirabilia... I bought two of her
smaller charts "Mermaid Verde" and "Cupid" the reindeer

Ooooo, I had an idea for the Mermaid! What about doing her lower body
in satin floss? That would give it a real sheen!!! I have a bunch of
it if you want to try some.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown