CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT-Hurricane Bill (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104620)

lucille August 22nd 09 10:55 PM

OT-Hurricane Bill

I just got a news brief via e-mail stating that Hurricane Bill has been
downgraded to a Category 1 storm. Yippee!

MargW August 23rd 09 01:06 PM

OT-Hurricane Bill

wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:55:58 -0400, "Lucille"
wrote:

I just got a news brief via e-mail stating that Hurricane Bill has been
downgraded to a Category 1 storm. Yippee!

Yes that's true but unfortunately the bad part is the massive rainfall
associated with it. When Juan came, there was little rain. The
ground is desperately dry and the heavy rain will run off it quickly
and cause major flooding, can't win !

I just looked at Environment Canada's website and the radar for Halifax.
The rain is literally, at this moment (9 a.m. Atlantic time, Sunday
morning) hitting Halifax. Hope you're well battened down.

MargW