CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Found the group again and a query (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139933)

Marilyn Bunzo September 24th 16 05:31 PM

Found the group again and a query

Hi, I read rctn religiously for many years. I lost track of the group and didn't do a lot of needlework for awhile. I've recently gotten back into cross stitch and embroidery. I was thinking of Trish and the wonderful stories she used to post. (Maybe still does.) I couldn't remember the name of the group exactly so I found it by googling Trish's stories!
Here is my inquiry. My daughter (now in college) has become interested in embroidery and specifically in silk ribbon embroidery. I hadn't realized how narrow the market for embroidery has become. Does anyone have a good source for silk ribbon embroidery kits, patterns and materials?

Marilyn in MN
WIP Dimensions Music is Harmony, Dimensions Bonsai and Buddha

Liz from Humbug[_3_] September 25th 16 04:39 PM

Found the group again and a query

Nordic Needle is a good place to start and my local brick & mortar shop, Unique Lee Yours also does on line orders.

Trish is on Facebook, as are some others (including me) but I like to read both to avoid losing touch with the non-facebookers. :-)

Liz from Humbug

[email protected] November 10th 16 07:18 PM

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 9:31:08 AM UTC-7, Marilyn Bunzo wrote:
[...]

Hi All,

I haven't visited this group for years, but used to religiously. My cross stitch time has been limited recently by shoulder problems. I've only stitched a few hours over the last couple of years, and I miss it terribly. I recognize lots of names here from those many years ago. It's good to know some things never change!

I started making jewelry as well as knitting, which ate into my cross stitch time. But you've all inspired me to try to pick up a project and take another stab at it.

Thanks for listening, and keep on stitching.

Best,
Cheryl
(AKA Pepper)