CraftBanter

CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/index.php)
-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Screwed up using my stash - help- advice needed. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=138975)

mirjam October 10th 13 04:47 AM

Screwed up using my stash - help- advice needed.

On Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:54:25 AM UTC+3, wrote:
Leave it as is
this is more true to nature and life , different shades are lovely and make a work look more lively , my only advice is to Mix rows from different skeins so the variation of the black will seen real natural .
mirjam

[email protected] October 14th 13 07:40 PM

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:47:36 PM UTC-4, mirjam wrote:

Leave it as is

this is more true to nature and life , different shades are lovely and make a work look more lively , my only advice is to Mix rows from different skeins so the variation of the black will seen real natural .

Sorry, but there's no variation - just a very noticeable line of demarcation where I ended one shade and started the other. I'm tearing out all that now - must be a few thousand stitches and am not happy. I should've known better and noticed sooner. Any tips of easier was to tear out? I've used tiny scissors and am going to experiment with a seam ripper. Hope I don't cut the canvas.

I still haven't located any black - need to make a special trip or send for it and don't want to chance something by mail and have IT not match.

Does any project go perfectly?

fran October 15th 13 01:34 AM

I pick it out with a tapestry needle, that way I don't tear the
canvas. I hate you have to go thru this. Just be patient, and make
sure you get enough black for the replacement.

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:40:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Leave it as is

Sorry, but there's no variation - just a very noticeable line of demarcation where I ended one shade and started the other. I'm tearing out all that now - must be a few thousand stitches and am not happy. I should've known better and noticed sooner. Any tips of easier was to tear out? I've used tiny scissors and am going to experiment with a seam ripper. Hope I don't cut the canvas.

I still haven't located any black - need to make a special trip or send for it and don't want to chance something by mail and have IT not match.

Cheryl Isaak October 15th 13 03:27 PM

On 10/14/13 2:40 PM, wrote:

Leave it as is

try the seam ripper - works well for me

C

mirjam October 20th 13 05:49 AM

On Monday, October 14, 2013 9:40:21 PM UTC+3, wrote:
I feel your pain
You could also be very creative and applique something over the places you don`t like or are not happy with ,.
This will change the work and make it much more Your own creation ,
mirjam