CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beginners Question (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=69225)

Stacy April 29th 06 11:29 PM

Beginners Question

I am new here and was wanting to start making polymer clay jewelry. But I
have never done any thing with clay. So what I was wanting to know is what I
need to get started and are there any beginners kit that can be purchased?

Thanks in advance,
Stacy

Barbara Forbes-Lyons April 30th 06 02:48 AM

Beginners Question

Stacey,

You can buy sampler packs of Premo! that contain a palette of colors and
some stamps. You can also get a basic clay kit of roller, blade, needle
tool, etc. All should be available at your local craft store like
Michaels, AC Moore, or Hobby Lobby.

As far as good beginner books, I'd recommend Donna Kato, Sue Heaser,
Emma Ralph or Irene Dean's Polymer Clay in a Weekend. Just pick a couple
of projects and start right in. The best way to learn is by doing - the
potential for the medium is unlimited.

Here are some reference web site you might find of interest as well:

http://www.glassattic.com
http://www.pcpolyzine.com
http://www.polymerclaycentral.com

There are TONS more out there, just google 'polymer clay tutorial' or
polymer clay projects and you'll get plenty of eye candy and inspiration.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.