CraftBanter

-   General Crafting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   candle glaze (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=49015)

[email protected] April 26th 05 02:57 PM

candle glaze

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to use as a glaze for candles? I have heard
that 'French polish' (shellac) should be used, after it has been
diluted with metholated sprits, but I am concerned that something like
this may interfere with the burning of the candle.

I have also heard that dipping in clear wax can dull bright colours.

On a similar subject, is it ok to use acrylic paint ?

Cheers,

Chris.

Lisa Nixon April 30th 11 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 408079)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to use as a glaze for candles? I have heard
that 'French polish' (shellac) should be used, after it has been
diluted with metholated sprits, but I am concerned that something like
this may interfere with the burning of the candle.

I have also heard that dipping in clear wax can dull bright colours.

On a similar subject, is it ok to use acrylic paint ?

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi there. I am having the same problems. Where do you get clear wax. Any wax I try is always cloudy and dull. As for glaze I bought some from a candle supply and it came with NO instructions. It ruined (I think) my candles. It didn't cover even and it peeled and it pooled in places and dried white in spots. I don't know if it's cruddy glaze or did I not mix it well enough, or was I supposed to warm it first.... HELP!