CraftBanter

-   Doll Houses (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A 5,000 year old dollhouse (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=44974)

J. Burg February 20th 05 07:56 AM

A 5,000 year old dollhouse

Hello,
I recently built a dollhouse,(I suppose "action figure adventure
structure" would be more appropriate),for my son. It's nothing
spectacular but it is a little different than what you're used to
seeing. Just click on the link below.
Enjoy,
Jim

http://community.webtv.net/worldsfair3940/doc1

Carol February 20th 05 03:14 PM

"J. Burg" wrote in message
Hello,
I recently built a dollhouse,(I suppose "action figure adventure
structure" would be more appropriate),for my son. It's nothing
spectacular but it is a little different than what you're used to
seeing. Just click on the link below.
Enjoy,
Jim

http://community.webtv.net/worldsfair3940/doc1

That is a really neat thing you did. It's unfortunate that we use the term
"dollhouses" because there are a lot of other scale model pieces being done.
I have quite a few customers working on fishing scenes, garages and gas
stations, doctor's offices, labs etc, -anything but houses.

There have been some other people who have done action figure scenes. I
think one of them posted on this newsgroup. It was supposed to be a bombed
out building with soldiers in it.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

J. Burg February 21st 05 04:04 AM

Thank you for the kind words everyone!
Obviously,I'm pretty much a novice at this but I think if you enjoy
doing it,your level of skill shouldn't matter all that much. For me
personally,its a great stress reliever!

I would love to see any projects others are working on in the group.
All the best,
Jim

*SooZy* February 21st 05 06:40 PM

--
I like it :0) its very different, you could make some Mummies etc to go in
it ... cool project well done

Luv 'n' Stuff
*SooZy*

Chuck February 24th 05 06:45 PM

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:56:36 -0500, (J. Burg)
wrote:

I recently built a dollhouse,(I suppose "action figure adventure
structure" would be more appropriate),for my son. It's nothing
spectacular but it is a little different than what you're used to
seeing. Just click on the link below.

Hi Jim,

I just got a chance to take a look at your son's pyramid, and it is
really outstanding! Very cool design and execution, and I'll bet he
was absolutely delighted with it. Good work, and thanks very much for
sharing.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com