CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current project (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86262)

Valerie August 15th 07 09:44 PM

Current project

What are you all working on?

I'm working on a bead embroidered purse. There is no real theme to it, but
it sticks to a color scheme of black and purple (and iris) and has at least
one heart on each panel. Originally I thought that I could get away with no
hand sewing (other than the beading), but now that I've actually started
constructing it I think I'm mistaken. Ah well, it should be pretty when it's
done, if I do it correctly. I've got about half of the beading done. Here's
a Work In Progress pic:
http://www.valeriebeads.com/panel1copy.jpg

I've already got an idea for the next purse/bag, although I haven't yet
thought of the purse shape and construction. ;-) Too bad these things take
so looong to make. I mean, they take about as long as any seed beaded piece,
but lately I just haven't had the concentration to sit long than a half...oh
look at the pretty butterflies...

So lets see your project(s)!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com
http://www.valeriebeads.com/beads.html
(August 14th - August 21st)

http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

Shirley Shone August 15th 07 10:13 PM

Current project

Oh wow! That will be stupendous when you have finished it.
Many hours work going into it.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Valerie
writes
[...]

Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Beadbimbo August 16th 07 02:44 AM

Current project

Ooooooooooooo, Val, I love that!!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com

Patti August 16th 07 02:48 AM

Current project

I will be working on fused glass for awhile. I bought two molds, one
for smallish (10) rounds and one for drop shapes. I plan on using frit
and then combining the rounds as the stud part of the earring and then
hanging a drop from it with those small earring bales. When I get
some done, I'll post them on my website.

Other than that, I'm not going to be doing any more shows - sales are
low here and there's a lot of stuff I want to do for Christmas and
stuff for ME. I'm also teaching beading classes more and I enjoy
that.

Patti

Beadbimbo August 16th 07 02:53 AM

Current project

Oh, and what I've been working on:

My first time at herringbone:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/herringbone1.jpg

And some more maille earrings. These are smaller than they look in the
photo, and boy were they a bear!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/mailleears2sm.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com

Vibrant Jewels August 16th 07 03:33 AM

Current project

OOH pretty, I don't have a current project and I'm SO ASHAMED!!! LOL My
bad...

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com

Valerie August 16th 07 09:49 AM

Current project

Thanks Shirley! I really am enjoying the bead embroidery. I could possibly
open doors to regular embroidery, but I need another hobby/obsession like I
need another hole in the head. ;-) Although I'm *sure* you don't know what
I'm talking about do you?? wink wink

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie August 16th 07 09:50 AM

Current project

Thanks Jerri!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com

Valerie August 16th 07 09:51 AM

Current project

Patti it sounds lovely! Be sure to post in here too when you have something
to show.

Sales seem to be slow everywhere...sigh. I haven't done a show since I
last did one with Linda2 when I lived in FL. In a way I miss them; despite
the hassle it was fun (plus I got to hang with Linda!).

--
Valerie

Valerie August 16th 07 09:52 AM

Current project

Jerri, the herringbone is beautiful!! I still haven't tackled herringbone
yet.

What size are the rings in the earrings?

--
Valerie

Summer sale 20-30% off all beads at valeriebeads.com