CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I need help you experts!! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37363)

VIRGINIA December 4th 03 02:25 PM

I need help you experts!!

Hello everyone!
My name is Virginia, I am a 100% newbie at sewing with machines and I
have recently bought a portable sewing machine through ebay and I've
got a technical problem now. After a few stichtes, the bottom thread
is not coming out anymore, it stays inside the machine. Everything
works properly and I have tried to re-thread it over and over again,
but I really cannot make the bottom thread come out. PLEASE, if you
know what the problem could be let me know....because I have no
clue!!!
thanks a lot in advance and enjoy your day!
Virginia

www.virginiatrans.uk.tt

nana2b December 4th 03 03:22 PM

Check to make sure that the boobin thread is going in the proper direction.
Just flip is around and try sewing again. What machine do you have?

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

dnmgiordano December 4th 03 04:08 PM

When I first started about 4 years ago I had a similar problem, and my aunt
said in "THAT voice" (you know the one) "Read the Manual". If that doesnt
work I hope you have a warranty! Good luck!

[email protected] December 5th 03 12:11 PM

On 4 Dec 2003 05:25:22 -0800, (VIRGINIA)
wrote:

Hello everyone!
My name is Virginia, I am a 100% newbie at sewing with machines and I
have recently bought a portable sewing machine through ebay and I've
got a technical problem now. After a few stichtes, the bottom thread
is not coming out anymore, it stays inside the machine. Everything
works properly and I have tried to re-thread it over and over again,
but I really cannot make the bottom thread come out. PLEASE, if you
know what the problem could be let me know....because I have no
clue!!!

The user manual you got with your machine should tell you how to
properly thread it. If you didn't get a manual, your friendly,
neighbourhood sewing machine dealer can get a manual to sell you. The
FNSMD can also sell you some classes on how to properly use your new
machine.

gwh

Me December 5th 03 08:34 PM

wrote:

On 4 Dec 2003 05:25:22 -0800,
(VIRGINIA)
wrote:

[...]

A manual is essential for almost all sewing machines. If
you didn't get one, and have trouble finding one, try
looking at
http://www.sew4less.com/manuals.php which has
the most complete list that I've found. NAYY Just love a
good resource.
--

Joanne
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.