CraftBanter

-   -   String Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140138)

[email protected] September 19th 17 03:48 PM

String Quilt

Hope you all have made a string quilt before. I love to use up my left over pieces of material from previous quilts. This helps to get rid of a lot of material. You do have to sew these strips on a foundation and mine were 10 1/2 inches, after pressing and squaring up these blocks are now 10 inches. I will use 2 1/2 in sashing strips to finish up my quilt. There is no border but I plan on using one of the pinks that's in the blocks for the binding. These quilts are fun to make and what I call a no brainer quilt..
Sandy$

[email protected] September 20th 17 03:44 PM

String Quilt

Hi Sandy,
There is a yahoo! group called Heartstrings, that focuses on string quilts. There are several members of rctq who are also members of that group. The group has a couple of in-person sewing/tieing retreats per year, one in Maine, one in Wisconsin. I am trying to get a "LeftCoast/WestCoast" one arranged somehow.

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger in CA
[email to respond is [

[email protected] September 24th 17 04:04 PM

String Quilt

Hello Ginger,
I only make these type of quilts when I just have small amounts of material left over from other quilts, anything from less than 2 1/2 inches or little more. Just a good way go get rid of these scraps and they are fun to do but use a lot of thread.
Sandy$