Newbie Question

What kind of surface is best to work on? I thought maybe marble or a thick
piece of glass? Thanks

Barbara Forbes-Lyons January 7th 05 10:52 PM

Marble or glass is nice.

Currently I'm working on one of those cheapo flexible cutting mats from the
kitchen store.

Barbara

m...

havana bill & holly January 8th 05 01:37 PM

I put waxed paper down on the breakfast bar after I clean it.

Maddy January 8th 05 08:27 PM

I use a mirror. I've got mirrors all over my studio. Not that I'm something
I want to look at...LOL
But my hubby used to work construction and he had quite a few full size ones
for me to use.

I like them because if I get anything on them, paint, glue etc, they will
just scrape clean with a
razor blade, and they're a nice cool surface for working the clay on.

:o)
Maddy
wrote in message
m...
What kind of surface is best to work on? I thought maybe marble or a

thick
piece of glass? Thanks

January 10th 05 03:28 PM

Bingo! I *knew* there was something around here that would work great, but
I just couldn't put my finger on it!
Thanks for all your suggestions! Sandy

"Maddy" wrote in message
nk.net...
I use a mirror. I've got mirrors all over my studio. Not that I'm something
snip