CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Needlepoint (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140052)

[email protected] April 12th 17 10:26 AM

Needlepoint

I am new to needlepoint after years of patchwork, and bits of cross stitch, embroidery etc. I am completely hooked I have only done 2 pieces that have been framed and am now working on " The Madonna ". I haven't enough courage to try the charts yet, but have quite a few printed (?) canvases in my stash. I would like to use some cross stitch charts but am frightened they would end up disappointing after all the work ?
My nearest NP shop is 300 kms away, and is very limited so I generally shop online. I live on a farm in West Australia.

[email protected] April 12th 17 11:15 AM

Needlepoint

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 02:26:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I am new to needlepoint after years of patchwork, and bits of cross stitch, embroidery etc. I am completely hooked I have only done 2 pieces that have been framed and am now working on " The Madonna ". I haven't enough courage to try the charts yet, but have quite a few printed (?) canvases in my stash. I would like to use some cross stitch charts but am frightened they would end up disappointing after all the work ?
My nearest NP shop is 300 kms away, and is very limited so I generally shop online. I live on a farm in West Australia.

hi there - i am in nova scotia but have rels in aus. and nz :)
currently have had hand surgery, hence weird typing.

back in the day i used some cross stitch ideas in my needlepoint, it
works.

i don't live in an isolated area but it has been many years since we
had a needlework shop so you are not alone.