CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   unusual spatterware beer jar (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104288)

limboantique August 3rd 09 10:21 PM

unusual spatterware beer jar

I have recently adquired a ceramic beer jar that presents details that
confuses me a little.
I have been studying this jar and its design and the techniques are
characteristic of the very well known term SPATTERWARE POTTERY. This
jar can be American, English or just a copy. Moreover, the strange
thing here is the rareness of this piece that at the bottom has a
mark, while pieces of the same patterns did not have mark at all.
I hope you could help me to know more about this unusual case and
together find out what is the real thing in this and get to this jar’s
origin.
I would really appreciate if you could give me any e-mail address
where to send you photographs about this mark