CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kato clay... (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16585)

Louise November 15th 03 02:37 PM

Kato clay...

I know that I've seen questions Kato clay previously, but cannot
remember the exact 'fix" for this problem.
I purchased the Kato clay samples, and am finally finding the time to "play"
with the clay.
It has been stored with all my other clay... Premo, Sculpey, and Fimo... in
a temp controlled home.
The Kato clay is like a rock. I've tried to mix it with other clay so that I
can work with it, but to no avail. It crumbles and I'm getting nowhere with
it.
The other clays were purchased at the same time, and they are fine.
Is there anyway I can salvage this clay?
Help...
Thanks in advance... Louise

dawn November 16th 03 07:46 PM

Hi Louise, If you bought the Kato during it's debut you are probably
experiencing partially baked clay. They have since changed their formula to
withstand moderate heat. The clay was being baked in the delivery trucks.
You might talk to Vernon or Donna and they might agree to swap it for the
new stuff.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html

Louise November 16th 03 08:55 PM

Thanks for your reply, Dawn.
I sent an e-mail last week to their web site support, and haven't heard
anything as yet.
You're right about the clay... it feels like baked blocks!
Thanks again... Louise
"dawn" wrote in message
m...
Hi Louise, If you bought the Kato during it's debut you are probably
experiencing partially baked clay. They have since changed their formula

withstand moderate heat. The clay was being baked in the delivery trucks.
snip

Louise November 19th 03 12:37 AM

Thanks so much for your information the Kato clay.
Vernon contacted me, and he will replace the clay.
I appreciate your help with this, and also appreciate Prairie Craft's
response to a customer problem.
Regards, Louise
"dawn" wrote in message
m...
Try calling them and ask for Vernon. that's Donna's husband and he handles
all of that stuff.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html