CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   European/UK source for Foredom tools? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12574)

TrevorF November 16th 03 05:25 PM

European/UK source for Foredom tools?

I'm hoping someone can suggest a good European or UK supplier for
Foredom motors. The particular item I'm interested in at the moment
is the Series L motor, model L-EM (220v). This is the low speed (5000
rpm), high torque motor with a table-top manual speed control. I do
know a number of good suppliers in the States but am hoping to locate
one a little closer to home.

I realize that there are fine machines of European manufacture
available but I have already made a considerable investment in Foredom
gear and would like to keep everything shaft-compatible.

Any suggestions graciously received.

Cheers,
Trevor F.

Andy Parker November 16th 03 10:08 PM

Trevor

I got my Foredom from Cooksons www.cooksongold.com , don't know if
they stock the model you want, they don't have the lube and shaft
inners I need ? DOH!

Personally I'd ask Rio if they do 220v models.

usual disclaimer etc.

Andy Parker, Agate House Lapidary
Ulverston, Cumbria, England

www.agatehouse.co.uk