CraftBanter

-   -   Quilt or travel question (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=45245)

Dave Daniels February 23rd 05 08:48 PM

Quilt or travel question

Hi!
It's been a while since I've posted, although I do read the posts on
most days. Currently I am in a bit of a situation. I have a week of
vacation time coming up. The question arose about what to do. (I work
in the travel industry now since the Best Quilt Shop in Boston closed
down a few years ago.)
A friend wants to go to the Yucatan, in Mexico. I was planning on
staying home and quilting. I have 5 UFOs waiting to be completed, as
well as a new bright colored quilt with the new Laurel Burch cat
fabrics cut and ready for stitching.
The trip is free, benefit from work. Quilts are waiting. Am I crazy for
wanting to stay home and quilt, play with the new QI, and just relax,
or go away? Votes, please? (I want to stay home and quilt.)
Thanks,
Dave
http://www.quilthorizon.com

frood February 23rd 05 09:00 PM

Stay home. Mexico will still be there. G

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Melissa in NJ February 23rd 05 09:05 PM

I may be in the minority, but go to Mexico!!!!! It is amazing how broadened
you are by traveling....and how humbled too that there is a WHOLE world out
there beyond our small piece of it. Plus think of the fabric in Mexico that
could be had!!

Bring some hand work or even a small portable SM and some work...get the
best of both worlds!

Melissa in NJ *a quilter who TRAVELS!*

--
Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Dave Daniels February 23rd 05 09:06 PM

That's a good response, Mexico will still be there. I like it ;)

Joanna February 23rd 05 09:10 PM

I think your crazy, go on the trip. You might not be working there the
rest of your life, so travel while you can. There is still lots of time
to quilt. I have seen a lot of people wait for retirement to travel and
then their health is not so good so they don't travel. So do it while
you can and enjoy. Your quilts will be safe and you will find time later
to quilt.
Joanna

Dave Daniels wrote:
[...]

Remove Quilt to reply

Diana Curtis February 23rd 05 09:16 PM

Get OUT of my HEAD!!! LOL
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Michelle in NJ February 23rd 05 09:18 PM

I agree with Melissa..

if i had a free trip man i'd be on the PLANE!!!! the UFO's will still be
there when you get back :)

Michelle
http://michelle.absolutad.com/quilts/

Paul & Suzie Beckwith February 23rd 05 09:28 PM

Gosh Dave, thats a hard one - but can't you do both? Can any of your
UFO's go travelling with you, for you to work on by hand?

If so, then I'd grab the chance of the holiday - Mexico sounds wonderful
and you are so much closer to it than I am - so take a camera and loads
of film/digital cards with you so we can share your experiences!

When you get back, the UFO's will whizz through, 'cos you'll be
refreshed and revitalised from the trip!

Suzie B
(alternatively, arrange 2 plane tickets from London Heathrow to Yucatan
for me and DH - and we'll go for you...)
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Sandy Foster February 23rd 05 09:30 PM

In article .com,
"Dave Daniels" wrote:

[...]

Hi Dave! Long time no see! :) As far as your vacation is concerned, I
vote that you do what you want to do. What good is a vacation if you're
not doing something you love? Even if you should leave the travel agency
sometime in the future, Mexico is a fairly easy, inexpensive place to
travel; you'd be able to get there and get whatever inspiration you
wanted from your trip. Going when you don't want to go is almost
guaranteed to leave you regretting that you didn't do what you wanted to
do.

When my DH goes to visit his mom out of town, I use the time to have a
"mini-vacation" at home. I sleep and eat whenever I want and quilt up a
storm! Love it! I also love to travel, but those UFOs calling to you
will spoil a trip. G

Let us know when the UFOs are finished and we can see photos! Your work
is still just gorgeous!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1