CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sears Dress Form Sizing? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37513)

BEI Design February 3rd 04 07:30 AM

Sears Dress Form Sizing?

Anyone know what the bust-waist-hip _measurements_ of a "size 25"
vintage Sears (or Sears-Simpson) adjustable dress form would be? I
don't want to purchase it if it is too far off.

TIA

--
Beverly
---to reply, delete no spam and .invalid---

Pat February 3rd 04 08:30 AM

Can you ask the seller what the basic measurements of the thing
are??.......you can always pad a bit.........

BEI Design February 3rd 04 04:03 PM

Pat wrote:
Can you ask the seller what the basic measurements of the thing
are??.......you can always pad a bit.........

I tried that, he/she replied with "I have no info what so ever it says
completely adjustable on the box it say's size_25_". Well duh! Guess
I'll pass...

Thanks,

[email protected] February 3rd 04 08:22 PM

Sears Dress Form Sizing?

(BEI=A0Design)
Pat wrote:
Can you ask the seller what the basic measurements of the thing
are??.......you can always pad a bit.........
---
I tried that, he/she replied with "I have no info what so ever it says
completely adjustable on the box it say's size_25_". Well duh! Guess
I'll pass...
=A0=A0Beverly
---
Well, shoot! Maybe the doofus--uh, seller, doesn't realize that a
buyer needs to know if the form will fit the buyer. Bev, ask them if
they will please actually Measure The Form, as you are seriously
considering buying it. This does not seem like an outrageous request,
IMHO.
Cea

Pogonip February 3rd 04 08:55 PM

wrote:

Sears Dress Form Sizing?

(BEI Design)
Pat wrote:
Can you ask the seller what the basic measurements of the thing
are??.......you can always pad a bit.........
---
I tried that, he/she replied with "I have no info what so ever it says
completely adjustable on the box it say's size_25_". Well duh! Guess
I'll pass...
Beverly
---
Well, shoot! Maybe the doofus--uh, seller, doesn't realize that a
buyer needs to know if the form will fit the buyer. Bev, ask them if
they will please actually Measure The Form, as you are seriously
considering buying it. This does not seem like an outrageous request,
IMHO.
Cea

Sounds like he got it in a box, and has not taken it out.
So, not only do you not know the size, you don't know if
any bits are missing. Seems like things on the order of
wingnuts go missing. Heavens know, the occasional
"wingnut" posts here. ;-)
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.