CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Glass Furnaces (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58361)

Fabiaoit October 14th 05 10:42 AM

Glass Furnaces

Hi All,

If you are looking for small glass furnaces for Beginners check this
site: www.falorniglass.com They have small furnaces called MICROGLASS
with a capacity from 10 to 75 kg of workable glass.

I bought one and it's great. Very easy to use.

Fab

Mike Firth October 15th 05 12:22 AM

Interesting design. With a person near it, it looks small and without
much insulation. Getting one to the states at 770-991 pounds for the two
smallest is a bit costly.
The gas usage given translates to about 160,000 Btu per hour for melting
and about 53,000 for holding for the 30 Kg model (middle) which gives 66#
working and 88# capacity. The only interior dimension is linear 13.77
inches (350mm) so we have to assume a sphere which gives about 0.6 of a
cubic foot - glass commonly is said to weigh 150#/cu.ft. which (89.6)
matches the capacity given 88.

--
Mike Firth
No more levees