CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Roses are Red (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=71924)

D Curtis June 25th 06 02:14 AM

Roses are Red

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...&.dnm=d018.jpg
Roses are one of my favorite things to make from polyclay, and I love
ornaments with roses, so this was a serendipitous project which I
created to honor the marriage of two new, already dear friends. It is
almost done, the only thing I need to decide is if it wants some clear,
silver lined seed beads sparingly dotted around the branches. It would
hide some of the glue that was needed to attach the roses.
The branch and roses are made and baked outside of the ornament. The
branch, because it was made with Premo or Fimo, bent easily to insert
into the ball. Then the "ship in the bottle" experience came, working
the roses into position with wooden skewers till they set into the glue.
Its a project I hope to do again soon.
Thanks for looking
Di

Deb Hayes June 26th 06 03:47 AM

Roses are Red

Di--I think it's great!

some of the clear beads on the petals, too, would look like dewdrops, and
make the silvery drops in the branches more logical....
More pix when you've finished?

Deb

.. .

D Curtis June 26th 06 04:20 AM

Roses are Red

You bet, I love sharing pics and ideas. Thanks for looking and for your
suggestions, Deb. :)
Di