CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   dk yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87981)

Mystified One[_2_] October 14th 07 05:58 PM

dk yarn

I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Leah October 15th 07 02:08 PM

dk yarn

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:58:08 GMT, "Mystified One"
wrote:

I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Someone here recommended this site when I asked for a source when a
friend wanted more colors of Plymouth Encore DK than our local store
carried:

http://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/products....on=&sort_b y=

It looks like they have 30 or so colors from pastels, to brights, to
earth tones.

Leah

Shillelagh October 15th 07 07:03 PM

dk yarn

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a good source for double knit yarn for toys. Since

most
of the toys are done with many colors of yarn, I'm going to need a lot of
colors. The good thing is that these are all small bits of color, so I
don't need much. Kind of makes it seem a waste to buy a bunch of skeins
that I only need a couple yards of per project.

Anyone know a good source?

Patons Astra is a DK yarn in many colours. I'll bet Michael's and some of
the other big stores carry it. I don't think it's all that expensive either.

Shelagh