CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   sewed some Dolls Underwear and crocheted tiny lace (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108777)

mirjam May 13th 10 03:18 PM

sewed some Dolls Underwear and crocheted tiny lace

A freind asked me ro make some underwear for some of the dolls in her
collection, i sewed the items from an old pantyhose, but than
crocheted some nice lace finishing ,,,, I took Praline embroidery
thread and with a Crochet hook number 3 [European size] i stuck the
hook in the cloth , made 4 chains and stuck it again in the cloth 4
ch......
the items are so tiny that one row was enough ,,,,
mirjam

[email protected] May 13th 10 04:44 PM

On May 13, 10:18*am, mirjam wrote:
A freind asked me ro make some underwear for some of the dolls in her
collection, i sewed the items from an old pantyhose, but than
crocheted some nice lace finishing ,,,, I took Praline embroidery
thread and with a Crochet hook number 3 [European size] i stuck the
hook in the cloth , made 4 chains and stuck it again in the cloth 4
ch......
the items are so tiny that one row was enough ,,,,
mirjam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Panyhose? You can't be talking about pantyhose that we wear in the U.
S. because just looking at them causes runners and snags. Please do
tell me. I bet those tiny undies are so darn cute. :-)

mirjam May 14th 10 06:51 AM

sewed some Dolls Underwear and crocheted tiny lace

Ahha Good morning to you

Panyhose? *You can't be talking about pantyhose that we wear in the U.
S. because just looking at them causes runners and snags. *Please do
tell me. *I bet those tiny undies are so darn cute. *:-)

I used some old thick Girls` pantyhoses , they were quite thick at the
time , and i see those kinds still worn by girls , this pair was off
white. Not `brown` [nylon] color.I kept some of those and use them for
all kinds of `projects` like dolls clothes etc,,,,

The brown nylon ones are good as doll fillers, as bathroom rugs
etc,,,, [crocheted , knitted or woven]
mirjam

[email protected] May 14th 10 12:56 PM

sewed some Dolls Underwear and crocheted tiny lace

On May 14, 1:51*am, mirjam wrote:
Ahha Good morning to you

Panyhose? *You can't be talking about pantyhose that we wear in the U..
S. because just looking at them causes runners and snags. *Please do
tell me. *I bet those tiny undies are so darn cute. *:-)

I used some old thick Girls` pantyhoses , they were quite thick at the
time , and i see those kinds still worn by girls , this pair was off
white. Not `brown` [nylon] color.I kept some of those and use them for
all kinds of `projects` like dolls clothes etc,,,,

The brown nylon ones are good as doll fillers, as bathroom rugs
etc,,,, [crocheted , knitted or woven]
mirjam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Mirjam. For us it would be the 'tights' that are worn.
What a great idea. I wish we lived closer so we could share more
great ideas and tips. Okay, okay...stop twisting my arm...I want to
learn more things from you. :-)

mirjam May 15th 10 07:24 PM

sewed some Dolls Underwear and crocheted tiny lace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Mirjam. *For us it would be the 'tights' that are worn.
What a great idea. *I wish we lived closer so we could share more
great ideas and tips. *Okay, okay...stop twisting my arm...I want to
learn more things from you. *:-)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you , i am blushing ,,, i learn something from everybody
here ,,,,
and i am a recyclist by nature , thus i learn a lot ,,,,,
Of course the name is tights , how did this slip my mind :::
What do you want to add to your knowledge ????
mirjam