CraftBanter

-   -   Elna Stella (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=115124)

Julia in MN[_5_] February 25th 11 02:36 AM

Elna Stella

I went into the local sewing center for a spool of thread this morning.
While there, I wandered over to the used machines, and, lo and behold,
there was a sweet little Elna Stella. I have been wanting an Elna Lotus,
but after I saw Stella I really want her. She's in mint condition. The
little tool "box" on top still has the seam ripper and the needle
threader. The original manual is there. They gave me some goofy
synthetic thread thread to use on top; bobbin had cotton thread, so
tension seemed kind of wacky. Price seemed high, but when I got home, I
checked e-bay & online, so it definitely seems reasonable in comparison.
The owner is gone next week; maybe next week I'll go in with my own
thread and fabric and talk to the owner. It does look like a real
sweetie. Of course, I don't need another sewing machine and I don't have
a lot of room to store it but still....

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Polly Esther[_5_] February 25th 11 04:25 AM

Elna Stella

Julia, I don't know diddly about the Elna Stella but I do have an Elna
serger and hope that she never has to be replaced. Elna really knows how to
make fine machines. Polly

"Julia in MN" wrote While there, I wandered over to the used machines,

Julia in MN[_5_] February 25th 11 03:26 PM

Elna Stella

I'm on my third Elna sewing machine over the last 45 years -- and have
loved them all. Funny you should say that about your Elna serger. The
Elna serger was the only Elna I've had bad luck with. I used it a lot
when I first had it (in the early 80's), but finally traded it in on a
Babylock a couple years ago. For some reason, it was easy for the Elna's
timing to go bad and it would end up in the shop almost every time I
used it.

Julia in MN

Kate XXXXXX February 25th 11 03:39 PM

Elna Stella

On 25/02/2011 02:36, Julia in MN wrote:
[...]

I have an Elna Lotus Stella Air Electronic, and I love it. It's my
'grab and go' machine for traveling.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

IMS[_6_] February 27th 11 11:57 PM

Elna Stella

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:36:59 -0600, Julia in MN
wrote:

la I really want her. She's in mint condition. The
little tool "box" on top still has the seam ripper and the needle
threader. The original manual is there. They gave me some goofy
synthetic thread thread to use on top; bobbin had cotton thread, so
tension seemed kind of wacky. Price seemed high, but when I got home, I
checked e-bay & online, so it definitely seems reasonable in comparison.
The owner is gone next week; maybe next week I'll go in with my own
thread and fabric and talk to the owner. It does look like a real
sweetie. Of course, I don't need another sewing machine and I don't have
a lot of room to store it but still....

Julie, the Stella is small so it won't take up too much space :) I
have an Elna Elna Stella and I just LOVE it. They are very well made
machines which hold their value, and which accounts for the prices on
them. Enjoy and congratulations!

-Irene

bnerobi13 February 28th 11 11:44 AM

Help!! Ok in like 3 shows like when there in a panic or somethin they always say "Stella.