CraftBanter

-   -   Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=124150)

rockytop August 1st 11 03:06 PM

Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!

Louise In Iowa August 1st 11 03:10 PM

Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

What types of problems are you having? Loops on top? Loops on bottom?
Does it happen when you're sewing in one direction or another?

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 8/1/2011 9:06 AM, rockytop wrote:

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \

rockytop August 1st 11 03:42 PM

Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

responding to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Hus...er-179562-.htm
rockytop wrote:

rockytop wrote:
It skips stitches when I am sewing circles or slow down - lots of
stitches...I have sewn about 10 quilts on this machine with a Grace frame.
I have adjusted the tension in the past and then took to the dealer for
tune up.

It seems to sew in a straight line pretty well especially when I am going
at a higher speed.

Any tips are appreciated.
Judy in Ohio

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176604 messages and counting!

Louise In Iowa August 1st 11 04:07 PM

Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

I don't think tension is the problem. Why don't you contact me off group
(email is shown in my signature), and we can try finding a solution.

rockytop wrote:

rockytop wrote:
It skips stitches when I am sewing circles or slow down - lots of
stitches...I have sewn about 10 quilts on this machine with a Grace frame.
I have adjusted the tension in the past and then took to the dealer for
tune up.

It seems to sew in a straight line pretty well especially when I am going
at a higher speed.

Any tips are appreciated.
Judy in Ohio

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!

/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /