CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is a "mirror post?" (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139999)

[email protected] January 18th 17 11:48 AM

What is a "mirror post?"

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 01:22:55 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:26:19 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I mea=
n the idea that someone would take an individual's post and then repost it =
as their own on another forum seems crazy to me!

They re-post it signature and all -- hence the "this is a Usenet post"
line in my sig. In response, they have begun requiring a click to
read the whole signature. But they can't take the sig off entirely,
because it would spoil the illusion that they have lots and lots of
people on their musty little forum, and editing the sigs would require
human intervention. The budget doesn't even allow for censoring
exchanges like this one.

But it's been a long time since ego-searching turned up pages that are
wastebaskets filled with random snippets from assorted forums and
sites. I suspect that the change is in the algorithms of the search
engines, rather than in the quantity of "scraper" sites.

I think sew girls became inspire.point, I'll have a look again.