CraftBanter

-   Carving (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sign Carving (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=95749)

randyswoodshoop June 8th 08 01:04 PM

Sign Carving

Hi,
I want to try my hand at sign carving. Does anyone know of any good
books out there? Can anyone give me some tips for sign carving?

Thanks,

Randy
http://nokeswoodworking.com

Edward Hennessey[_2_] June 9th 08 11:49 PM

Sign Carving

randyswoodshoop wrote:
Hi,
I want to try my hand at sign carving. Does anyone know of any good
books out there? Can anyone give me some tips for sign carving?

Thanks,

Randy

Randy:

There is a sand carvers forum at Yahoo groups to look at. Lots of
information there. There are also
books, I have them but they are not currently within reach. Try "sign
making" at amazon and look at the
reviews.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...oodworking.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22si...ient=firefox-a

If I get more, I'll post it.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

name June 10th 08 07:01 AM

Sign Carving

randyswoodshoop skreiv:
Hi,
I want to try my hand at sign carving. Does anyone know of any good
books out there? Can anyone give me some tips for sign carving?

This is an exellent book on the subject:
http://chrispye-woodcarving.com/writing/w_bk3.html
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...rispyewoodcarv

Lakers July 31st 08 07:22 AM

I have been waiting for about 5 days now but the shipping times are 10-19 days. As soon as I get them I will let you know. I have not seen you on that forum for a long time now and I was wondering where you are? How did it go with the collection that you got? Here is the link to the beads again http://www.liangdianup.com/beadscrafts_1.htm and here is the link to the Swarovski beads http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/900020.htm if those links don't work then you can goto www.lducompany.com and click on the beads picture, that should take you right there. I hope you see this message and get back to me cause I miss talking to you :)