CraftBanter

-   -   Pattern isnspiration (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139430)

NightMist November 16th 14 12:40 PM

Pattern isnspiration

After spending an evening explaining the difference between cashmere and
mohair, and how much less expensive it is to buy a fleece than it is to
buy an equivalent weight of wool yarn (wool prices are truly dreadful in
the US), it is no wonder that I woke up this morning with this stuck in
my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmeyG5LlFWU

That link is a really excellent performance of that particular piece.

Of course while I was listening I was studying the CD cover on the screen
and plotting out ways of making a quilt of it. I came up with several
variations on the spot. Since I prefer piecing to appliqué, and that
star is mostly made of circles and other assorted curves, variations were
inevitable. There is enough to it that you can see a lot of different
ways to turn it into something spiffy in fabric.

Plus it is glowy, and glowy is right up there with shiny on my list of
favorite colours. :D

NightMist

Pat on the Green November 16th 14 03:35 PM

Pattern isnspiration

Thanks so much NM for the link. That performance was wonderful. I have
sung Messiah so many times - never heard it as precise as this - I loved
it. Then, of course, I was lured into clicking on the King's College
clip! My office used to be in a building just to the side of King's
College Chapel; and Stephen Cleobury took over from David Willcocks
while I was working there. Such lovely memories. A very nostalgic hour
has just been spent. I realise music doesn't play as much of a part in
my life as it used to. I must make time for much more.

I loved the CD cover too. I saw it in hexagons, partial hexagons - all
in varying sizes. Magical!

Thank you,

Pat on the green
..